Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line appearance, announced tranfers

Default Line appearance, announced tranfers

I have a receptionist whom only wants to tak 2 calls.

However, in order to do an announced tranfer, she needs 3 lines (if she were to have 2 active inbound calls).

How do I give her 3 lines, but only 2 incomming calls??

Even if she didnt mind having 3 calls every now and then, she would still be up the creek because she would then need a 4th line to transfer ......

Quadro4x, Snom 360.

Set up a call queue system for the MERg that she belongs to and make it queue calls when it reaches 2 or more calls...

Voilah .. Fin !

Kev

Cool.

IIRC, had some trouble with that previously.

I had to set Line Appearence on each phone to 1, because the call que setting of Max Appearence did not seem to affect....

WIll give it a shot. Thanks Kev

That works!

So, because she is called via an MER, the call que never gets used.
    If she were called directly, it would que. But this wont happen.
    If a call came through when she already had 2 calls, or just as she was transfering, the call would get "busy, please leave a VM". To bad.
    Last edited by medoneit; 04-08-2009 at 04:13 AM.

Quadro Architect

You can try to set call queue on the MERg extension, not on her own one...

Ok so I jumped to conclusion.

The MER bypasses the call que, so she is still receiving 3 calls.

I dont want a call que.

How do I limit her to 2 calls whilst still allowing her to make transfers?

Is this a SNOM oversight? Why do I get the feeling these things were made by developers??

Quote Originally Posted by medoneit View Post
    Ok so I jumped to conclusion.

The MER bypasses the call que, so she is still receiving 3 calls.

I dont want a call que.

How do I limit her to 2 calls whilst still allowing her to make transfers?

Is this a SNOM oversight? Why do I get the feeling these things were made by developers??
    If you set up the queue in the MERg you can limit how many calls go to her phone from the MERg.

The telephone itself can handle 2 simultaneous calls as per the extension call limit ( can be increased ).

The handset being SNOM can receive as many calls as there are line registrations.

Kev

Quadro Architect

To elaborate more on the "made by developers" topic - of course, everything is made by developers. Phones typically are not being born by another phone, as human used to be. So even if you let two different phones alone on the same desk for a whole night, you will not get a new smaller phone after 9 months.... unless there is a developer working somewhere...

So in short:

the call queue is made exactly for that reason - to limit the calls coming to the extension. Lets say you have MER extension - 200, and receptionist extension 11. You need to activate "call queue" on ext.200, with "call queue appearance" (also called "Max Calls Presented to Extension") set to 2. Set the "Line Appearance" on the line attached to ext.11 equal to 3, and you will have what you need.

I have something else I am trying to achieve.
    I have a CQ on an MERg, and I would like only one call to come from the CQ. So if all phones are occupied, the phone call goes to the que.

I presumed this was achieved with the "Max calls presented" on the CQ MERg being set to 1, but I can only get the desired result if call waiting is turned off on each exstension.

The affect of this is that a) They can perform transfers, spare line is available b) They can't receive direct calls on the second line.

This confuses me. What does the "Max calls presented" do?
    It seems to be the call waiting setting that is allowing me to limit total incomming CQ calls to one... not the Max calls presented...?

Hello,

You are right, it is the designed way the queue should work. If the MER and Call Queue are set up on the virtual extension the calls won't go to the Call Queue as long as there is a free resource to receive a call on the phone in the MER list. If the phone in the MER list of virtual extension has a free line to answer a call, it will be rung with the call from virtual extension. And only in case when all lines of all phones included in MER list of virtual extension will be busy, only in that case calls will go to Call Queue of virtual extension.
    If you would like to receive only one call on the phone in MER list, you should either disable the Call Waiting or set the Line Appearance of that IP Line to 1.
    For your case, when you want to have one free line on phone always, you should configure the Call Queue on the phones extension but not on virtual and set the "Max Calls Presented to Extension" parameter one less than Line Appearance of the phone is.

Best Regards,
    Ruben

Thread Information