Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caller ID

Question Caller ID

Any incoming calls are getting this kind of caller ID:

<sip:021xxxxxx@(ip address of PABX)> or <sip:021xxxxxx@(ip address of ISDN Gateway>

As opposed to just the number, We are not using SIP to recieve calls, all calls are coming in via ISDN (4 lines on the Gateway, 3 on the 16xi)

This becomes an issue when trying to dial a missed or recived call from the phone's history.

Any ideas on how to remove the other info in the caller ID so that it just shows the number?

The GW is running its ISDN Lines as a slave to my PABX.

Currently:

1 x Quadro 16xi PABX fw 5.1.18
    1 x QuadroISDN Gateway fw: 5.1.22
    Snom 300 IP Phones.
    Last edited by Mike_eNET; 09-18-2009 at 10:43 AM.

What brand of phones ?

Kevin

The brand is Snom, the majority of models we use are the Snom 300, but we have a 360 for the receptionist. we have 2x Snom 820 around.

there is one FXO phone, which is seldom used.

Try setting Name and Number on the handset - perhaps under line settings manage templates and create a template tuned for the SNOMs.

Just be mindful to turn off Dialog-Info Call Pickup, adjust the naming convention to name and number etc....

Kev

it seems that any the routing on my Gateway (which is in slave mode) is not able to route calls out on the ISDN lines.

All the routing should be controlled by the PABX, in other words outbound calls should hit the PABX 1st.

The problem that im seeing is this "07********@172.30.0.149"

172.30.0.149 is the IP address of the ISDN Gateway, so when a user tries to call back a recieved / missed call it tries to connect directly the the ISDNGateway.

Is there any way to remove this IP address from the incoming call? (keeping in mind that the ISDNGateway is running in slave mode)
    Last edited by Mike_eNET; 10-02-2009 at 07:25 AM.

You would have to remove it via filtering it from the CLI in call routing....

Speak to Alloy on how to.

Kev

Hi KsComs,

I have tried that, but cant seem to get it right. Who is Alloy? do you have contact details?

We are based in south Africa

Nevermind ... i mistook you for people in Australia... you would need to go back to your distributor / reseller / Epygi to get guidance from them...

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Nevermind ... i mistook you for people in Australia... you would need to go back to your distributor / reseller / Epygi to get guidance from them...

Kev
    Ah, apologies, I thought this was a form of Epygi support.

Thread Information