Thread: FXS connected intercom

Default FXS connected intercom (HELP)

I have my analogue intercom connected to the fxs port on my quadro 2x.
    Is there a way to set up the line so that when it becomes off hook it auto dials ring all number.
    At the moment if i try and call the intercom extension it answers and instantly disconnects?

Josh.
    JGsystems
    Last edited by jgeaney; 09-14-2009 at 05:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgeaney View Post
    I have my analogue intercom connected to the fxs port on my quadro 2x.
    Is there a way to set up the line so that when it becomes off hook it auto dials ring all number.
    At the moment if i try and call the intercom extension it answers and instantly disconnects?

Josh.
    JGsystems

Josh is that 2 problems you are describing and for different things... Ie 1 x being the FXO line to ring a group number...

2nd being if you call the fxs it answers then disconnects the call ?

Kevin

Kevin,

Yeah it is.
    Sorry badly wrote question.

1st Problem:

Is there a way to set up the line so that when it becomes off hook it auto dials ring all number?

ie. When i press the intercom button it will dial the group dial rule. The intercom unit is off an old analogue phone system which is bricked into the house.

2nd Problem:

Thanks,
    Joshua Geaney.
    JGsystems

Quote Originally Posted by jgeaney View Post
    Kevin,

Yeah it is.
    Sorry badly wrote question.

1st Problem:

Is there a way to set up the line so that when it becomes off hook it auto dials ring all number?

ie. When i press the intercom button it will dial the group dial rule. The intercom unit is off an old analogue phone system which is bricked into the house.

2nd Problem:

Thanks,
    Joshua Geaney.
    JGsystems

Re : 1st Problem:

So I get this 100% - you have an Analogue door phone that has an FXS port on it connected to an FXO port of the Epygi Quadro...

I take it is one of those Andoor types that connect up in conjunction with a telephone line via the FXO and when you press the button it provides ring to the FXO port of the Epygi Quadro ?

This would be a simple program the FXO to ring a group with the required extensions in it. Calling the door phone would be simply by a dial rule to gain access to that particular line.

or is it an FXO on the door phone that has a dial rule within it to dial a specific number which is programmable ?

This is a matter of dialling an extension to reach the door phone ( when you straighten out the voltage or loop resistance issue ) and also for the door phone to dial a group with the required extensions in it.

Does either of those cases look like how it should be ?

Kev

Thread Information