Thread: How to change snom_settings.xml file

Default How to change snom_settings.xml file

We currently use Quadro4xi (firmware 5.1.18) and Snom370 (firmware 7.3.23).

We would like to use auto provisioning from the Quadro DHCP server which apply to all our internal Snoms with the same settings.

I have read Snom Wiki about how the config the auto provisioning, yet it does not work. I have tried to create the xml file then update the Snom's setting url on the web interface, but whenever the snom come online, it just uses the defualt Quadro DHCP settings (http://Quadro DHCP IP/ipeconfig/snom_settings.xml). So how or what should we do to solve this problem?

I have asked Alloy about this issue too, but they replied with no answer.

Any suggestions?

You could edit the template for the SNOM inside the Epygi Quadro to point it to where your resource is.

PM David for more info, perhaps he can shine more your way

Kev

Thx Kev,

I have waited you, PM David, please advise me.

Regards,

Mak

Quadro Architect

Which setting do you want to change on Snom? Did you look in the "telephony"->"Line Settings"->"IP Line Settings"->"Manage IP Phones Templates"? There is a chance that Quadro allows you to change the setting you need on that page.

Best regards,
    David

Thx David,

We want to change Programmable Function Key settings. We looked at Line settings "->" advance, we can only config to individual phone at a time that what we want to do. We would to make config one function key settings then apply to all plug in Snoms.

Best regars,

Mak

Quadro Architect

Mak, if you want the phones to get IP from the Quadro DHCP server, but to get the configuration from a different server, you need to configure the Quadro DHCP server to point to that server as a configuration host.
    For that you can set the options 66 and 67 of the DHCP reply message. Go to "DHCP Settings for the LAN Interface"->"DHCP Advanced Settings" and add the options 66 and 67 ("Overload tftp server name" and "Overload boot file name").
    Also make sure that your IP lines are configured as "Other", not as "Snom...", so the Quadro will not try to autoprovision those phones.

From the other hand, I think it is much easier for you to configure those buttons for each phone from the Quadro's GUI, than to renounce the whole Quadro autoconfiguration mechanism and configure the phones yourself.

Best regards,
    David

We appreciate your answer. This is what we have looked for ages. However, could you tell us how can we get or create the [Overload boot file]? Is it a normal configuration file that we can get from Snom settings?

Best Regards,
    Mak

Thread Information