Thread: Strange Problem

Question Strange Problem

Having strange issues with my PABX:

When transferring calls from one extension to another it takes about 5 seconds for the call to come through, this is true for in-house calls and incoming calls from the ISDN lines.
    I see the same thing when using call pickup groups.

We have 19 extensions live on our PABX, this wasnt an issue when we had 14.

Another issue is Voice Mail cutting out after hours. We dont have any special after hours rules applied, so this shouldnt be different from normal hours.

Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_eNET View Post
    Having strange issues with my PABX:

When transferring calls from one extension to another it takes about 5 seconds for the call to come through, this is true for in-house calls and incoming calls from the ISDN lines.
    I see the same thing when using call pickup groups.

We have 19 extensions live on our PABX, this wasnt an issue when we had 14.

Another issue is Voice Mail cutting out after hours. We dont have any special after hours rules applied, so this shouldnt be different from normal hours.

Any ideas?

I would suggest to provide more detail on the types of calls... ie is it ISDN 2 / ISDN Primary rate E1-T1 ? Is it happening on PSTN ? ITSP ? any of the above ?

Is it always a certain time that it happens ?

Have you introduced any other devices on the network around the same time ? Is the Epygi Quadro providing the internet connection to the LAN ? Do you have remote Extensions connected ? Is there a Back UP service running on the LAN at any time ?

All of these questions need answering... so the more info you provide on the topic the easier it is for someone to be able to assist ....

Cheers,

Kevin

Hi Kevin,

Sorry, should have given more detail, my setup is as such:
    7 x ISDN2 Lines in Total
    4x ISDN2 Lines connected to an ISDN gateway.
    3x ISDN2 lines connected to PABX 16x (ISDN gateway is SLAVE to this PABX)

19 internal Extentsions
    no external extentsions

The delay in pickup / transfer is constant (seems to be the same amount of delay), and it happens everytime a live call (from external ISDN) is transferred to another phone.

Another problem is with the Pickup group(s) sometimes (this is intermittent) the call is answered, however there is no audio on my end. The caller can hear the me, however I cannot hear anything. Keeping in mind that this happens AFTER the same call was transferred from the receptionist to an Extension and then because no one was there to answer, picked up (via pick up group) by another extension.

The 16x is an FXS device mainly, does the problem happen on the FXS ports only or also between the IP to IP calls ?

Kev

We actually only have 1 analog Phone currently on the FXS ports, its hardly used as its a cordless phone, used for when receptionist is away from desk.

The Delay problem seems to only be IP Phone to IP Phone, internally when i call an extension the call takes about 10 seconds to ring (as if its dialing out) and then when another extension picks up that call using pickup group, there is another delay of about 10 seconds...

this has been sorted, Firmware Update and a few tweaks!

What firmware did you use to solve the issue?

Thread Information