Thread: Windows DHCP Server

I would like to Use Windows DHCP Server, as i am integrating the Quadro with an existing Windows Network. I would also like to use DHCP to hand out IP Addresses to the Phones to take advantage of the automatic configuration options on the SNOM320 phones and not have to configure static IP addresses on each phone. the quadro DHCP Server, as i can see it cannot hand out the information required for windows, nor can it be set as a DHCP Relay or similar.

Is there a way, or does anyone have any suggestions as to the easiest way to configure this? Can Windows DHCP be set to hand out sip server info to the phones or the quadro set to use windows?

Any clues would be greatly appreciated.

Andy,

I have responded to your TSC case with the information that I think you will need to sort this issue out.

I would also be interested in the solution to this problem. Thanks.

I am interested in this also please. Edited by: dmaunder

Quadro Architect

In coming 4.1 versions Quadro DHCP functionality will be slightly enhanced, so user will have a possibility to enter a list of MAC addresses, which Quadro DHCP server will handle. The DHCP requests from the rest MAC addresses in the network will be ignored.

I think this could help to configure the network:the Windows DHCP server will handle everything except SIP Phones, while the Quadro DHCP server will be responsible for SIP Phones only.

Best regards,

DVREdited by: davrays

That would be very interesting. The Microsoft SBS server normally shuts down if it detects another DHCP server, but if the Quado only responds to the mac addresses of the phones, then then SBS server might not see it. When can we get a beta of 4.1 for a 2x? Edited by: dmaunder

This is all very good, but i see a problem... how do you stop windows DHCP from responding to a request from the phones? yes the quadro wont give out ip addresses to the PC's but what about the other way round? Reservations means a lot of typing..

Quadro Architect

Yes, it may be a lot of typing, but at least it is possible. Normal Windows DHCP client should be able to exclude some MAC addresses, and for an experienced net admin this should not be a problem.

Otherwise if you want to have only the Windows DHCP client in the network,but still have IP Phones autoconfigured by Quadro, you'll need to configure windows server to give the Quadro IP in TFTP server option, so the phones could get the config from Quadro.

Thread Information