Thread: Quadro4x96i supporting 100 extensions

Hi Everybody and dear Warren:

I just learned that my office neighbor bought two Avaya IP office systems for a total of 100 extensions. I think that one system is in the USA for 80 extensions, and another syetem in Canada for 20 systems. The total price for parts and labor is $100,000. Of course the two systems are fully integrated in the sense that they have one list of extensions.

With Epygi4X we get up to about 64 extensions. I wish we had a Quadro that could handle 100 extensions. Boy, we would have defeated Avaya badly. So, I propose to upgrade the Quadro4x with more RAM, much more hard drive space, faster processor and just change the settings in the source code so that it could handle 96 IP extensions. Lets call it the Quadro4x96i. I think that this is doable with a small investment. But, Epygi and us (resellers) could make some nice money while saving the customer a lot, a lot of money. Please let me know how feasible this is? Are there major technical issues that I overlooked? Please let me know.

Hi,

I have a question that could be an alternative of having only just one system handling more than 64 extensions, has anybody done a "distributed" telephony system, that is, two or more Quadros working with the same dial plan in the same LAN?

Regards,

Mario

There are future plans to allow different Quadro system to network between each other. This will allow the two systems to ultimately act as one. Regarding the larger system request, there are nor foreseen plans to build a system to support 96+ sets. The current line size of our systems is a much larger market, a market that has not yet been penetrated. Once Epygi has achieve leadership in the SMB market, we will begin exploring the small enterprise market.

There is a clear need to *easily* stack up Quadro's to achieve a much large PABX in a LAN environment. An example is one of my large governemnt clients that has 10 offices with about 10 people each. Each office needs to have the Quadro as a separate unit. But they also need to be able to dial each other on a unified numbering plan. Surely, we should be able to accomodate this without needing to use an Internet based SIP server. I would like to just supply 10 Quadro 16xs and hook them up to a central "gateway or exchange" that is under my control.

Lebeko

Quote Originally Posted by denver
    Each office needs to have the Quadro as a separate unit. But they also need to be able to dial each other on a unified numbering plan. Surely, we should be able to accomodate this without needing to use an Internet based SIP server.

Lebeko

This is totally possible you don't need a external sip server to route calls between units, you can setup a dial plan between the sites and use routing table to route calls to the correct site.

It is actually very easy to do.

Zarf,

SIP:// 55@sip.voiphighway.ca

Another method of achieving that goal is to use SIP Trunking feature on Quadro. Just using call routing tables doesn't help much in cases when the IP address of Quadro is not static. With SIP Trunking you can register the Quadros in satellite offices on Quadro in main office (only that main Quadro needs to have static global IP address). After that you can configure the call routing records using the SIP trunk names instead of IP addresses in call routing records.

Could you be so kind as to provide a detail example of this?

Thread Information