Thread: QCM / Hotcall - cut down apps

Default QCM / Hotcall - cut down apps

Hey there,

It would be great to see a web gui version of the QCM in cut down mode .. not as a sip phone but as a pure switchboard... with intelligence that you can link to your SIP Phone so that it is interactive.

Why a Web Gui version, simply Cross Platform !!!

Linux, Macintosh, Windows - Firefox, Safari, IE 6/7

It would be great if you could also have a module that could be installed as an add on to IE / Firefox / Safari for Hotcall style - dialling...

swipe over a number press a macro / right click the mouse.. have your phone ring and voilah you are ringing the number.

I dont know how many other people would want that style of feature, but I think it would be great to see some other apps for the Epygi, and maybe even a skin for the standard QCM soft phone.... maybe with Video support ... ( Bria - Counterpath do allow developers/manufacturers to rebadge )

Kev

Quadro Architect

Well, we have some very vague plans for developing a switchboard-type application, which will replace QCM... But the plans are so vague, that I cannot teell anything about when oe whether it could be done...

Related to the Hotcall-style macro for browsers - we are doing much better thisng now - the application (now it is called HotKeyCall), which will let you select any number anywhere and call to that number. It is a kind of mix of HotCall Outlook pluging and Hotcalls application, which we have in the samples of 3pcc. It is practically ready, so we can give it to beta testers...

What relates to the skins or video in QCM... Not sure it worths to do, given the big number of similiar (sometimes free) softphones...

Best regards,
    David

Hi There, Can we please try the new HotKeyCall as a beta tester...if this works then this will be a big selling tool for us!

Quadro Architect

William, I can send you that tool now, but it will work only with version 5.1.26 and higher. As most probably you don't have that version (it is not released yet), we'll modify the tool to work with older versions, and then I'll send it to you. This could take few days..

Thread Information