Thread: remote softphone

Default remote softphone

HI

I have a problem connecting a remote softphone, to a quadro, a local extension est configured with remote extension set
    it works fine when the quadro is router, the remote softphone registers correctly

but when the quadro is connected via Ethernet to a router, the WAN IP and the gateway adress are local, the remote softhone doesn't register correctly: "registration error 400: bad request"
    what is the reason ? waht is the proper configuration ?

you must use remote extension settings in the extension settings. When a softphone or an ipphone are connected on the wan side, they are consider as remote extension. And you must use the ip wan of your quadro in the proxy, domain etc... settings

Quadro Architect

wbts, if I understand right, your Quadro is set behind a router, and the WAN of the Quadro is connected to the company's LAN, so WAN IP of the Quadro is local... Right?

So where do you connect the softphone - in the company's LAN, or in the internet?
    If you connect that in the internet, which IP do you set in the softphone settings as registrar IP?

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    wbts, if I understand right, your Quadro is set behind a router, and the WAN of the Quadro is connected to te company's LAN, so WAN IP of the Quadro is local... Right?

So where do you connect the softphone - in the company's LAN, or in the internet?
    If you connect that in the internet, which IP do you set in the softphone settings as registrar IP?
    This is the right configuration, the softphone registers remotely through internet
    The IP WAN adress set in the softphone is the public IP adress of the router
    for only testing purpose, the firewall is switch off

the registration request is well recevied by the quadro but sometimes I got tje message error "BAD VALUE", 400
    What does that mean ?

Quadro Architect

Do you get that message on the softphone screen? If yes, you need to see if you receive such SIP message (see your softphone SIP logs). You can copy those logs here...

Thread Information