Thread: 4 issues

Default 4 issues

hi guys...........

actually I have post some questions before but no one has replied me... but it is okey

now I have four issues :
    1. now my clients now are asking me if there is an option in the epygi system to make announcments through the speaker of the phone at achudled time. for example during the break time at office, we can announce for something.

2. also is there any option we can make to the voice mail to be active and work only for the calls coming from the PSTN and no from the PBXm so we can keep our memory storage.

3. is there any option in epygi so that I can delet my voice mail box at schduled time for example, delete the messages every two days.

4. my system is
    Boot loader: 3.1.31/Release.
    Firmware Version: 5.0.17/Release

is there any update available for that.

thats all and please guyes help me on thst it is an urgent matter

and thanks alot in advance

Quote Originally Posted by abdulrhmanbm View Post
    1. now my clients now are asking me if there is an option in the epygi system to make announcments through the speaker of the phone at achudled time. for example during the break time at office, we can announce for something.

2. also is there any option we can make to the voice mail to be active and work only for the calls coming from the PSTN and no from the PBXm so we can keep our memory storage.

3. is there any option in epygi so that I can delet my voice mail box at schduled time for example, delete the messages every two days.

4. my system is
    Boot loader: 3.1.31/Release.
    Firmware Version: 5.0.17/Release

is there any update available for that.

1./ You can usually get the alarm company to provide BREAK ALARMs

2./ The Epygi Quadro can do this with caller id settings

3./ I guess you could every second day clear it, at present there is no scheduled deletion of Voice Mails.

4./ There is 2 major releases, 5.1.18 and 5.1.19, and 5.1.21

Kevin

thank you for your reply me very fast and I really appreciate it
    but for the first issue, what I mean is that...
    can I set at a specific time every day a message will be played for the whole sets as announcment.

thank you

It might be possible to use a customised auto attendant to provide an audio file to a paging group, but I havent contemplated such an xml script . The Epygi gurus might have something to be able to offer you.

The thing you will have to remember, the Epygi Quadro is a telephone system, and normally break alarms are set from a "Bundy" system.

ie : http://www.tnalite.com.au/

Like what these guys offer.

Regards

Kevin

one more thing now my Firmware Version: 5.0.17/Release

and I want to upgrade it to the last version, but before that

what should I do before upgrading the system, I mean should I make backup for all the data I have like the extensions, the groups, the settings and so on

second thing, is this upgrade will affect my license.
    third what is the best version of the three you meantion, I mean with no bugs
    forth what are the ways I can upgrade the system, is it only one way to download it from the internet directly or I can download a file and then fetch it to the system.

and last thing what are the new features added to the new version

please help me on that because I really want to upgrade the system by this thursday.

thank you in advance.

please help me on that

Quadro Architect

A lot of questions . To be true, the answers are in the manuals, but as it will take much more time for you to find them, than for me to answer them, here are the answers:

what should I do before upgrading the system, I mean should I make backup for all the data I have like the extensions, the groups, the settings and so on
    Good question. It is strongly recommended to do full configuration backup before upgrade. This is a good practice. Backup, upgrade, then restore the backup. Keep the backup somewhere to be on the safe side.

second thing, is this upgrade will affect my license.
    The upgrade will not affect any license.

third what is the best version of the three you meantion, I mean with no bugs
    Get the latest version for your product (5.1.18 for 4x/16x, 5.1.19 for 2x, 5.1.21 for 32x etc).

forth what are the ways I can upgrade the system, is it only one way to download it from the internet directly or I can download a file and then fetch it to the system.
    You cannot upgrade from internet directly. Download the firmware image to your harddrive, the pass through the firmware upgrade procedure.

and last thing what are the new features added to the new version
    You can see the list in the "Release Notes" (it is places near the fiormware image in the Downloads area). Alternatively, there is my post in the "Announcements" section of this forum, it is called "Quadro 5.1 firmware new features list".

Best regards,
    David

thanks a lot
    I have did the upgrade and everything is fine

Thread Information