Thread: Remote Extensions on Dynamic IP's

Question Remote Extensions on Dynamic IP's

I have a bit of a problem.

I have a client that has multiple remote sites running ADSL lines with Dynamic IP's. Also HQ has an ADSL line with Dynamic Ip.

I have created a dyndns account, configured it on my Netgear router at HQ, and done port forwarding for ports 5060, 6000 - 6099 as per our local distributers instructions. The ports is open on the dyndns address when i scan it.

My problem is that the phone does register on my Epygi, with local or remote extensions, but can't phone anywhere. Phone keeps saying "Number dailled does not exsist". Even if the number does exsist. Any ideas what i'm still doing wrong? I'll keep trying to fix it in the meanwhile.

Default Update

Just an update on what i've tried extra.

I put the epygi and the snom 300 phone as dmz zones on their respective routers. So all ports etc is open both ways. No luck sofar.

I also made sure that the 2 sites is running 2 different subnets for the network. HQ runs 192.168.1.x and remote site is 192.168.2.x

The epygi shows my that the phone is registered under line appearance, but not line status??????

If i try and make a call, it counts 2 seconds, then shows disconnected on the phone. The Epygi does log that call in the system logs. (See attached log)

The snom phone shows me as logged in on the screen and even updates the time from the epygi. Just can't phone, or use system codes.

I'm sure it is something stupid i'm missing, but my brain is fried at the moment.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by SPOC View Post
    J
    I also made sure that the 2 sites is running 2 different subnets for the network. HQ runs 192.168.1.x and remote site is 192.168.2.x
    Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 ? I take it ...

What are the gateway settings for the phone ?

I bet it will be a public IP setting either manually set or by the router it connects to and therefore the bane of your phones problems....

(Contact: <sip:22rem@41.240.145.92:23355;line=4a6mcju9>;fl ow-id=1)

Sure looks like a problem with the gateway address...

kev

Quadro Architect

The attached SIP log shows just a beginning of the call... Quadro receives the INVITE message, and sends unautorized. Everything is correct. Where is the rest of the logs?

Without having those logs, I can make just one assumption. As the DynDns account is setup on the route, but not on the Quadro, you may have problems because of Quadsro not recognizing the destination hostname as itself.
    You could try to set the "Accept stray SIP requests" on the hidden "generalconfig.cgi", to see if that solves the problem (or at least part of that).

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information