Thread: Config Parked extension display on phone LCD

Default Config Parked extension display on phone LCD

I happened to read the Epygi M32x marketing promo here http://www.epygi.com/ip-pbx-features/72/ just now and saw mention

Call Park

When a call is placed in “park” it is put on hold at a specific extension number to be resumed by someone at another phone. That person can pick up the call by keying the displayed extension number. If no one is available to take the call at the other location, it will “ring back" to the original extension alerting the person who originally parked the call.
    I always though that you can't configure for the parked extension to be displayed on the LCD. My users has been requesting this as the old system does it...

Is the marketing promo correct, if it is can Snom handset be configure to do it?

or have I misinterpret it

I think they are referring to setting a BLF key on your snom phone that is monitoring the Call Park extension number. You can do that and when there is a call on the mapped park extension, you press that key (which has its LED on) and that will dial the park extension and pick up the call. So if you allocate one prog key on the phone for each park extension its a user friendly way to retrieve calls from park.

What I was hopping was the ability to control which park extension the call will be park on and therefore allow us to allocate group of park extension to each department. I heard that it was coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    What I was hopping was the ability to control which park extension the call will be park on and therefore allow us to allocate group of park extension to each department. I heard that it was coming soon.
    I am sure that David and the rest of the Epygi crew hasnt forgotten about the multiple park group slots and allocating extensions to those groups so you are able to partition park slots as per the original request...

So Ben, it will come... its just a matter of some revisions of 5.x that it will take place in...

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

Yep, we didn't forget about that (and even if we try to forget, Kevin will not let us forget it.. ).

This feature (called park group segmentation - including access lists for parking the call, as well as access lists for retrieving the call), is practically ready and will be released in the versions 5.1.x (x >=25).

Bestregards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Yep, we didn't forget about that (and even if we try to forget, Kevin will not let us forget it.. ).

This feature (called park group segmentation - including access lists for parking the call, as well as access lists for retrieving the call), is practically ready and will be released in the versions 5.1.x (x >=25).

Bestregards,
    David
    Hi David,

Is call park group segmentation a feature of the current realese? Can that be used to allocate a call park extention to a user extention ?

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by medoneit View Post
    Hi David,

Is call park group segmentation a feature of the current realese? Can that be used to allocate a call park extention to a user extention ?

Jan
    Yes and Yes. We've been using this for a while.

Thread Information