Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line Appearance setting don't work consistently

Default Line Appearance setting don't work consistently

We are trying to set up 3 Line Appearance on Snom 300 & 320 but can't seem to get them to work consistently on 3 different Epygi unit (1 Quadro 4x and 2 x M32x). They are all running the same firmware version 5.1.18.

One one M32x it works with out problem as in any phones attached to this unit have 3 Line Appearance and all that needed to be done was change it to 3 in "Line Appearance".

On another M32x and also a 4x I can't seem to get the same thing to work. The snom units are configured using the same set of instructions

Anyone can give me some pointers as to what or where to look. My understanding is that the 3 Line Appearance are only needed to config on the Epygi it self and no setting required on the snom handsets.

How were the phones provisioned?

Have you tried to reboot the phones since the change?

The phones are provisioned as remote extensions. The one difference that I can see is that the ones that works has is auto provision and the one that doesn't are remote extensions.

M32x1 (works): The phones are auto provisioned (they were original remote handsets). They are on the WAN side the LAN is not connected at all. I am a bit puzzled why they are auto provisioned as I have not deliberately set them to do that.

M32x2 (non working): Handsets are remote provisioned.

I have tried to get the 2nd unit to auto provision (from the WAN port) as well with no success and have compare all settings between the two.

The 1st unit (WAN port) sit on the local LAN with a LAN IP (epygi LAN not connected). The second sit at another site (connected over a VPN) also only with WAN connected.

Have reboot all handset multiple times and even the epygi 2nd unit (all handset registration was lost for some reason but that is another issue).
    Last edited by woods; 06-22-2009 at 07:31 PM. Reason: addional info

Quadro Architect

When you autoprovision the handset, it is controlled by Quadro, so when you make a change to the "Line Appearance" on te Quadro, te corresponding chnages are done to the handset.

But if the hanset is "remote provisioned", you have to manually ensure everything is set correctly there. Generally speaking, it is always preferred to use autoconfigured handsets, just to avoid possible misconfiguration problems.

For the M32x unit to autoprovision phones on the WAN side, you have to make sure the "Connect IP phones from WAN side" checkbox is enabled on the "Telephony->IP Line Settings" page...

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    For the M32x unit to autoprovisions phones on the WAN side, you have to make sure the "Connect IP phones from WAN side" checkbox is enabled on the "Telephony->IP Line Settings" page...

Best regards,
    David
    I have this ticked on the other m32x just don't want to auto provision , ideally I want them to auto provision as much as possible but couldn't get them to auto provision that is why I went the remote extension route. Also from recommendations I read previously on this forum (could be out of date as of latest firmware ??).

Quadro Architect

Thats is strange - the autoprovisioning should work...

Lets try to do this from scratch:
    1. If your M32x devices are on the same network, Snoms autoprovision request will reach both devices, so you need to make sure that Snom will be autoprovisioned by one of them. For that you can switch OFF the "Enable PnP for IP lines" or "Connect IP phones from WAN side" on one of the M32x, and enable both options on the second M32x (the one which you want to connect the new phone to).

2. Make sure the Snom phone has network access to the second M32x, and factory-reset that. It should find the M32x and connect to that.

Please try that and see if that works...

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Thats is strange - the autoprovisioning should work...

Lets try to do this from scratch:
    1. If your M32x devices are on the same network, Snoms autoprovision request will reach both devices, so you need to make sure that Snom will be autoprovisioned by one of them. For that you can switch OFF the "Enable PnP for IP lines" or "Connect IP phones from WAN side" on one of the M32x, and enable both options on the second M32x (the one which you want to connect the new phone to).
    I have a 4x (A) and a M32x (B) on the same physical lan & subnet (i.e the WAN of both unit connect to the office LAN). The third one (C) is located at another site connected via VPN.

I've actually took the snom handsets and connected them there on site and that seems to do the trick, including the 3 lines setting.

If I were to still provision them remotely what setting do I need to change on the phone for them to get 3 lines?

Thanks

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by woods View Post
    If I were to still provision them remotely what setting do I need to change on the phone for them to get 3 lines?
    That depends on what you want to do.. You wrote above: "On another M32x and also a 4x I can't seem to get the same thing to work". But "what thing" exactly? What you expected those phone to do, and didn't get from them? You got less than 3 calls on those phones, or you got more than that, or what?

Best regards,
    David

What I could not get to work when remote provision:
    Cannot get 3 lines appearances (need so can put a call on park while on 2 simultaneous calls). I could not find any settings on the Snom 320 & 300 that remotely say change this to have x lines appearance.

Quadro Architect

Well, I don't think there is a special setting for that on Snom.

But I am again not sure what was the problem getting 3 line appearanses... Are you using the "Line Settings" or "Remote Extension Settings" to connect the phones from WAN side?

If you use the "Line Settings", you can configure the line to have Line Appearance=3 on the page. Then you don't really need to do anything on Snom (probably just make sure you have 3 free buttons.., but even this is not absolutely necessarey).

If you use the "Remote Extension", you cannot set the "Line Appearance" on Quadro (though we are considering to add that option for Remote Extensions), so you probably need to consider option 1 (configure the phone using "Line Settings", even if you don't plan to use autoprovisioning..), or wait for Epygi to include the ""Line Appearance" parameter for Remote Extensios too..

Thread Information