Thread: CALLER ID SPOOFING

I use CBEYOND for my Epygi installations.

I have a public phone number and a bunch of DID phone numbers. Right now, when my users dial out, the other end sees the actual DID number that is calling out.

My customers only want the main Public phone number to be seen.

Is this something that CBEYOND needs to fix, or can I spoof Caller ID's with the Quadro?

You can change the outgoing Caller ID with Quadro.

I suppose you have a Call Routing record for the CBEYOND calls. So, you can edit the record, enable the "Filter on Caller / Call Type / Modify Caller ID", and on the Inbound Call Type page specify your main number in the Inbound Prefix field (Inbound Caller Pattern = *; Inbound Number of Discarded Symbols = 99).

We are using ISPhone in Australia, and they also send out the DID
    number when we make calls through them. So I also want to send out our
    PSTN number instead of the DID number.

Following Sergio's suggestion, on the "Inbound Call Type - Edit Entry" page, I have the following:

Inbound Caller Pattern = *

Inbound Number of Discarded Symbols = 99

Inbound Prefix: <our PSTN number>

Inbound Call Type: Any

But when I try to use this CR entry, I get a message (from ISPhone I
    presume) saying "This account number is not valid". So it seems like
    ISPhone relies on outgoing caller ID to do some sort of authentication?

Seems really the server performes some kind of cheking of the caller's number.

Actually based only on the server's message it is not possible to say something exact. I'll suggest to try playing with different values of that CR record, for example set the Use Extension Settings the extension which is registered with the server, or try Keep Original DID, or set the Username and password.

If the suggested changes do not help, you may report the situation at the Epygi Tech.Supportand we'll try to analize the situation with more effort [img]smileys/smiley2.gif[/img]

With CBeyond, your main BTN should be ext 79, just point your users to extn 79 for outgoing and you won't send their DID, it will show the BTN

we just found Sergio's is correct. but you have to ask your ITSP to allow you to use the faked caller ID.

Sergio's suggestion should be implemented as follow:

Inbound Caller Pattern = *

Inbound Number of Discarded Symbols = 99

Inbound Prefix: <our PSTN number>

Inbound Call Type: Any

Sergio's solution worked in my call routing ok, the only difference I had was IP-PSTN in the call type.

I wish this would work for me, but my ITSP (Mytel) blocks the outgoing CID - I need to pay for it to have it enabled, can you believe it!

Thread Information