Thread: Transfer call to virtual extension

Unhappy Transfer call to virtual extension

I have a virtual extension (199) setup up for receiving faxes, with no line setup.

What I want to do is when a call gets in, it gets redirected to extension 100, the user pickup the call and when he realizes that is a fax, he transfers the call to the 199 extension. This is because there isn't a MSN dedicated to fax calls.

The problem: when he tries to transfer the call, the transfer doesn't happen and the voicemail of 199 extension appears to him (to the user at extension 100), leaving the fax call on hold.
    If I call directly to the 199 extension, it rings and after the timeout the voicemail appears.

What am I doing wrong and how can I fix it?

Thanks.

Quadro Architect

Are they able to transfer regular (non-fax) calls? Which phone do they use and did you make sure they do the correct "blind transfer" procedure (not consultative one)?
    On Snom phones, for example, they need to press "transfer" key, then dial the number, thats it (there is no need to use "hold" button)...

Default Solved

Thank you for your reply, but in the meantime I've discovered the problem/reason for the behaviour: all extensions have callback activated, so when they try to transfer to an extension that doesn't have a phone/softphone/ipline/line attached, the call goes back to the caller extension without going to the voicemail.

Deactivating callback did the trick, but I couldn't get the epygi (32xi) to receive the fax, fax sent by an analogue/regular fax. The call went to voicemail but then the epygi recorded the fax as a regular voicemail.

After long period of testing/trying, I gave up.

Quadro Architect

Are you receiving FAX from a PSTN or from a local machine attached to FXS line?

Try to upload long voicemail greeting to the target extension (where you want to leave the FAX).
    Also if you are using M32x 5.1.18 software, it is possible that FAX is received, but not sent via email. Please disable the "Remove Voice Mail On Send" checkbox, and see if the FAX is visible on "Voice Mailbox" GUI on the Quadsro itself.

Best regards,
    David

I'm testing with both: fax from PSTN and fax from machine attached in a local extension.

I have removed the voicemail greeting (by selecting "Silent VM recording" in voicemail settings). But the tests with and without "Silent VM recording" were unsuccessful. Maybe i try with a long voicemail, just to see...

In fact, it's 5.1.18 software. Is there any bug about fax in this release? I'll disable the remove mail on send to check your suggestion.

In any case, thank you very much for your help, and I'll try to post here about results.

Regards

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by tpeixinho@netdominium.pt View Post
    I have removed the voicemail greeting (by selecting "Silent VM recording" in voicemail settings). But the tests with and without "Silent VM recording" were unsuccessful. Maybe i try with a long voicemail, just to see...
    It will not work with "Silent VM recording", and the greeting tself should not be short: because Quadro needs some time to detect the FAX tones, to determine that it is a FAX machine calling, but not a regular phone. The FAX tone detection is done during the VM greeting play, so in case if you put very short greeting or no greeting at all, all calls will be recorded as WAV, not as TIFF.

Quote Originally Posted by tpeixinho@netdominium.pt View Post
    In fact, it's 5.1.18 software. Is there any bug about fax in this release? I'll disable the remove mail on send to check your suggestion.
    The M32x 5.1.18 has the same bug, which exists in 2x/4x/16x 5.1.16 - namely - very often the TIFF file is not sent via mail (only WAV is sent), while the FAX was correctly received... If you don't remove the FAX on send, you can see in the Quadro GUI, whether there is a FAX received along with the WAV file.

Best regards,
    David

Ok, I've changed the greeting to a long one (40 seconds) and the behaviour is the same. Only wav, no fax.

I've removed the "sent to email" as well.

I'm running out of ideas here...

Quadro Architect

Ok, try to upgrade to a M32x 5.1.21. It has the FAX-to-email bug fixed. It *could* fix your problem.

BTW, please don't try to send FAX from a local extension. Threre is a limitation on the fax-to-email feature - the FAXes sent from local extensions cannot be recorded to the mailbox, only external FAXes (received either from PSTN or external IP device/ITSP) can be recorded.

Thread Information