Thread: snom 300 parking problem with *5

Default snom 300 parking problem with *5

I am trying to config some Snom 300 handsets (attached to an M32x running 5.1.18) with the park key but am running into a problem that I am not quite sure where to look into.

On the Snom 320 I can program a one press button to put the call on park by changing the button to "Speed Dial" and then enter "*5". and while on a call you press this to put the call on park with 1 key hit.

I am trying to achieve the same on a Snom 300 with no luck

On the Snom 300 after picking up a call I put the call on hold then press "*5" to put the call on park. I then get an announcement from the Epygi unit saying "System configuration problem call your systems administrator". On the Snom 300 LCD it displays "Conf.On". The call is still on hold.

I've tried this with snom firmware 7.3.14 and also the lastest 7.3.23 with no luck.

The Snom 320 and 300 are configured as remote extensions. What have I miss or done wrong
    Last edited by woods; 06-11-2009 at 01:37 AM.

Quadro Architect

Quadro will play such message is the is no park slots ("Call Park" extensions) configured at all. Did you create at least one extension of that type?

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Quadro will play such message is the is no park slots ("Call Park" extensions) configured at all. Did you create at least one extension of that type?

Best regards,
    David
    I checked and you're right there was no park extensions . The reason why it worked on the 320 is because they are connected to one of the other epygi which already had some park extension configured.

A related question, does the quadro play that same message doesn't matter what the error is or is there a more specif message for each category of errors.

Quadro Architect

There are many different error messages (network related, config, stability, etc), but we don't have a unique message for every type of configuration error, so if system feels something is definitely is configured it tells "System configuraion problem".
    Of course, it would be nice to have a unique message per any kind of config problem, but this requires too much space+huge efforts from the translators/recorders. If we integrate a text-to-speach engine, we may think about that, but that is not in the nearest plans yet.

Best regards,
    David

P.S. If you have at least one park extension, and you try to park two calls, you will listen something like "no available call park extensions, please try again later". It might make sence to play the same message in case of the absence of park extensions... but it may confuse people thinking that if they try later they will have a chance to park, even if there is no park extension at all...

Thread Information