Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long delay for outgoing calls

Arrow Long delay for outgoing calls

We have a simple setup: a Quadro 2x Firmware (Version 5.0.19/Release) which is connected to Verzion FIOS service. There are 10 phones, all Snom 320 models (firmware version 7.1.8).

Incoming calls seem to work fine. But outgoing calls experience this issue:

1. User picks up the handset, hears a dial-tone
    2. Dials the destination phone number
    3. There will be complete silence and the user will wait anywhere from 30-60 seconds, then finally the call starts ringing out.

What would be causing such a long delay while the call waits to connect?

version 7.1.8 .. this is not the best of firmware you should consider to go to 7.1.33 / 7.1.35 or higher...

Re ringing out.. did you Auto Provision the handsets or did you manually deploy them ?

What happens if you dial the number and press the tick is it still the 30 - 60 seconds ?

Regards

Kevin

I'll definitely update the phones. As for provisioning them, it was done automatically (I think anyway, I know they get an IP address automatically from the Quadro). And what do you mean "press the tick"?

SNOM handsets have a TICK symbol to the right of the silver left right up down button.

It tells the telephone to send the digits dialled straight away.

Regards

Kevin

Hi,

I had a similar issue like this, what happened is it created a delay on all calls even between local extensions, would test by calling the AA (00) there would be a delay for around 60 seconds and then the call would go through as normal, upon restarting the Epygi, everything worked again and as time went on the problem would appear.

It ended up being the Epygi FXO GW, when the GW was paired to the PBX, the delay started, once i unpaired the gateway, delay went away....Faulty GW for me....swopped out and working for around 4 months now...

regards,

shaun

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    SNOM handsets have a TICK symbol to the right of the silver left right up down button.

It tells the telephone to send the digits dialled straight away.

Regards

Kevin
    Kevin, just FYI, I tried dialing the number then hitting the TICK symbol on the phone. Unfortunately no difference. It still took a very long time (30-60 seconds) for the outgoing call to be initiated.

Quote Originally Posted by lambsons View Post
    Hi,

I had a similar issue like this, what happened is it created a delay on all calls even between local extensions, would test by calling the AA (00) there would be a delay for around 60 seconds and then the call would go through as normal, upon restarting the Epygi, everything worked again and as time went on the problem would appear.

It ended up being the Epygi FXO GW, when the GW was paired to the PBX, the delay started, once i unpaired the gateway, delay went away....Faulty GW for me....swopped out and working for around 4 months now...

regards,

shaun
    Shaun, thank you for this info. Let me see if I understand. You have a firewall/router acting as the gateway to your internet connection. The Epygi is behind that firewall. You removed the gateway and had the Epygi connecting straight to the internet connection, and all was well?

Quadro Architect

Does that happen only on calls tthrough that ITSP, or on internal calls too (phone to phone, or call to 00)?

Can you show the corresponding Call Controller logs here (with developer logs ON, and mark the logs before and after the the call..)?

I'll find out this information and post the results. Thanks for your attention.

I have the exact same problem using the following hardware:

1x Snom 320 handset for reception, FW 7.3.4
    4x Snom 300 handsets for other users, FW 6.5.17
    1x Epygi Quadro 2x (also acting as internet gateway), FW 5.0.19
    1x Epygi ISDN Gateway (using 2x BRI trunks for all incoming and outgoing calls), FW 5.0.26

It also has the delay when dialing '00' from any handset.

Thread Information