Thread: How to do outcall blocking?

Default How to do outcall blocking?

Hi everybody, I don't really understand where I must etablish the adress and number list for the outcall blocking. I readen the manual but I don't find this step.

I want forbidden call to french cellphone number (+336) and international call number.

Thanks for your answers.

Alex
    Last edited by MEDIAPCSYSTEM; 06-06-2009 at 05:23 PM.

GDay there,

If you create a rule in the following format will do what you want:

In the Call Routing Table add a route :
    • Pattern of : 336*
    • NDS : 10 (I am not sure how many digits represent a mobile number but change this to how many digits are for a number here)
    • Inbound Caller Pattern : *
    • Inbound Call Type : PBX
    • Fin !
    That should disallow then from being able to dial a mobile number starting with 336 if you do the same format for international calls that should provide the barring that you need.

*NOTE*

If they dial the mobile number again it will pass the call, maybe you could do another form of barring as the example above is not fool proof, but will prevent most of the people from dialling the digits.

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

I guess in the example above the "Fail Reason" should be set to "None" on that routing rule, and this will solve the problem Kevin is talking about. Anyone dialing number starting from 336, will call to nowhere, regardless of how many times he is calling...

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    I guess in the example above the "Fail Reason" should be set to "None" on that routing rule, and this will solve the problem Kevin is talking about. Anyone dialing number starting from 336, will call to nowhere, regardless of how many times he is calling...

Best regards,
    David
    Hey David, before writing this I tested the following :

we have mobiles starting with 04 so I did my usual .. outside line number plus mobile string and nds of 11 in this case ..

Pattern = 004* , NDS 11 , inbound caller type *, PBX etc...

And then I dialled..... 004xxxxxxxx04xxxxxxxxxx for my mobile and voilah the mobile rang...

Thats what I meant of dialling the digits again....

It would be great to have a * to represent any length of digits for an NDS rule so that no matter how many digits they can not break out of that particular rule....

Either that or if we could send it to kev cabanahs special 1900 service where I get muchos money, then Id definitely appreciate that.

Kev

Quadro Architect

Ok, now I understand what you ment by saying "dial the mobile number again" - that was not obvious from the first post, as I thought you ment multiple attempts to call...

To make hacking harder, you can use any number from 11 up to 99 instead of fixed "11" for NDS... As nobody knows which number you have put there, it adds some "security by obscurity", so the possible very-clever-and-malicious-user cannot know how many dummy numbers it should dial before the real number

Default phone number

Hi
    I use quadro2xi , when I call with ISDN , I have see my phone number.So I want to nkow if it's possible to have a same phone number when we call a SIP phone ?
    How we can do
    bests regards
    quadro 2xi -Aastra 57i-53i-SPA942

Quadro Architect

I am not sure I understood the question correctly...

When you call via ISDN, you person you called sees the ISDN number assigned to the line, which you got from your ISDN operator, right? Do you want your called party to see the same number when you call via SIP?

If that is true, you could try to set that number as a "Display Name" on the routing rule for the SIP call (use the "Inbound Filter" page of the "Call Routing Wizard" to modify the Display Name).

Thread Information