Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5.1.17 Serious Problem

Default 5.1.17 Serious Problem

I have a very serious problem after upgading to 5.1.17
    When I try to pickup another extension, the call user can hear me but I hear nothing.

That feature works great in previous version. We do it dozen of times every time.

Now we have serious problem. Any idea?

Also, any link to the previous firmware to downgrade. Can I downgrade? Its very important for me.

i try to go back to 5.0.19 and quadro is totally break.
    nothing is working now

EXCELLENT!!

GREAT!!!!

factory reset + patch to 5.0.19 + config upload = everything works fine now.

5.1.17 = buggy. Do not update your devices.

Howdie,

I am finding that the latest 5.1.17 firmware handles the codecs differently than in previous versions. I have always used G729a for all extensions and forced preferred for incoming calls. I have a problem with one way audio on an Aastra phone running latest firmware on M32x. Played around with codecs on that extension and the other snom extensions and problem was sorted....maybe it could be a similar issue.

regards,

Shaun

Quadro Architect

zero, it helps sometimes to read release notes before upgrading your device. If you do that, you will find the one-way audio after pickup (on PSTN calls only) problem in the "open issues" list. This could save you some hassle.

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    i try to go back to 5.0.19 and quadro is totally break.
    nothing is working now
    What do you mean saying nothing is working? Probably the unit was factory reset after downgrade?

Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    factory reset + patch to 5.0.19 + config upload = everything works fine now.
    5.1.17 = buggy. Do not update your devices.
    Well, you're right, 5.1.17 has a few unpleasant bugs, exhibiting themselved in some specific setups. That is the first 5.1 version being released and needs to be tuned a bit.
    So if somebody plans to upgrade a live and busy system, I would recommend to wait a bit, for more polished version (it will come soon).
    Also, again, please read release notes, so you have less suprises.

Best regards,
    David

P.S. Just for everybody to be informed. The specific problem areas with 5.1.17 (which we have noticed and are fixing for the next version) are
    1. FAX to emal
    2. Pickuping of calls coming from FXO/ISDN/E1T1
    3. Pickup after parking for the same kind of calls
    4. PPTP VPN
    5. Many port forwarding rules in firewall
    6. Very (extremely) big paging groups
    7. Language packs for M32x.

Thats all I know for the moment. If you are actively using some of those - hold on upgrading, until a new version comes up.

Thank you David, that's my case with fax to email problems. What is the suggested procedure for downgrade ?

Downgrade Seems to be a nightmare for ZERO !!!

Regards,

Hans T

Quadro Architect

If you follow the right procedure, there should be no problem to downgrade (given that you have saved the configuration before upgrading - that is very important step before any upgrade!!).

You need to downgrade to 5.0 from PC placed in the LAN - as soon as you downgrade, the unit restore the default configuration (this is almost factory reset, but with one differentce - the installed feature keys will be preserved in this case).
    So if you downgrade from a PC placed in the LAN, your PC will get the IP from the Quadro and you can connect to 172.30.0.1 and upload the previously saved 5.0 configuration. Thats it - unit will reboot once more, and restore normal operation.

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    zero, it helps sometimes to read release notes before upgrading your device. If you do that, you will find the one-way audio after pickup (on PSTN calls only) problem in the "open issues" list. This could save you some hassle.

What do you mean saying nothing is working? Probably the unit was factory reset after downgrade?

Well, you're right, 5.1.17 has a few unpleasant bugs, exhibiting themselved in some specific setups. That is the first 5.1 version being released and needs to be tuned a bit.
    So if somebody plans to upgrade a live and busy system, I would recommend to wait a bit, for more polished version (it will come soon).
    Also, again, please read release notes, so you have less suprises.

Best regards,
    David

P.S. Just for everybody to be informed. The specific problem areas with 5.1.17 (which we have noticed and are fixing for the next version) are
    1. FAX to emal
    2. Pickuping of calls coming from FXO/ISDN/E1T1
    3. Pickup after parking for the same kind of calls
    4. PPTP VPN
    5. Many port forwarding rules in firewall
    6. Very (extremely) big paging groups
    7. Language packs for M32x.

Thats all I know for the moment. If you are actively using some of those - hold on upgrading, until a new version comes up.
    Should I pm you for some additions

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Should I pm you for some additions
    Probably yes, Kevin. If you have them

Any update when this issue is going to be fixed?

Thread Information