Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: quadro sip registration

Question quadro sip registration

Hi ,
    I have qadro 4x behind router.I got from my provider user name ,password ,server and proxy server.
    When i am registering extension on my quadro (voip carrier wizzard) it fails ,but when i give soft phone (twinkle) to the router it registers successfull.

Any ideas or differents between registering soft phone and quadro ?

Quadro Architect

Two questions:

1. You tell you got from SIP provider the "server and proxy server". Do they differ? Where do you enter those two values on Quadro and on the softphone?

2. When it fails on the Quadro, what is the reason of failure (you can see that reason in the "Events" page)?

Default re

1.server and proxy server are same (values should be ok on public internet epygi registers)
    2.could not connenct to remote server

what i do not understand is that when i put quadro to public internet quadro registers.
    but behind router (it should guaranty qos) registration fails.

thanks for reply

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by dubnik View Post
    2.could not connenct to remote server
    As far as I know, ther eis no such error message on the SIP registration event. It should look like
    Could not Register user xxx on server yyyy.net:5060. Reason: Incorrect remote address

What do you see in your case after the word "Reason:"?

what i do not understand is that when i put quadro to public internet quadro registers.
    but behind router (it should guaranty qos) registration fails.
    thanks for reply
    Do you have port 5060 open on your router? What kind of NAT Quadro detects? You can see that on the bottom of the System->Status->"SIP Registration Status" page.
    It may happen that you router blocks the SIP default port.

yes this is the error
    Reason: Incorrect remote address (sorry i did not remember i had not my quadro at me)

port 5060 is open cause when i give twinkle (soft phone) there it will register.

thanks
    Last edited by dubnik; 05-25-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Quadro Architect

"Incorrect remote address" could mean that the hostname cannot be resolved by some reason.
    You can try to put the IP address of the provider's server instead of DNS name, and see if that helps.

Also make sure you have "NAT Traversal" enabled, and have the "Full Cone NAT" detected by STUN in the "Events" and at the bottom of the "SIP Registration Status" page..

Default re

thanks problems solved
    my quadro registered when I disabled "NAT Traversal"

now I have last problem I get from provider username:dubnik(example) and number 421034xxxx
    (from other provider i get username as my phone number and it works fine)

but now they told me I have to configure quadro to present out with number 421034xxxx
    where can I configure that?(when i write number instead of username it does not work)

thanks

Quadro Architect

I am not sure what "configure quadro to present out with number 421034xxxx" could mean, but try to edit the settings of the extension created by VoIP carrier Wizard (typically that is 99 or 98 or something like that) the following way:

set the "User Name" in the "SIP Registration Settings" to 421034xxxx, and the "Authentication User Name" in "SIP Advanced Settings" to "dubnik", and see if this works...

Best regards,
    David

thanks for reply

but it doesn't work . . .
    do you have any ideas?

Quadro Architect

do you have any ideas?
    Yes - ask them what they mean telling "configure quadro to present out with number 421034xxxx".

They have to provide some kind of technical explanation: what the username(dubnik) is used for and what the number (421034xxxx) is used for in their service (which one is used to authenticate, and which one should be used in the "From" field of INVITE messages).
    If they unable to provide more or less understandable technical information, ask them to tell you which fields you need to fill in the Xlite/eyeBeam (for example) to make this work. If they can tell that, and you can make XLite work with their account, I will tell you what fields to fill in the Quadro to make this work.

Thread Information