Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Line-status indication on extension

I have a Quadro 16x with snom 360s and 320s. Our users will be transitioning from an old Intertel system. The phones would show a light next to each function key associated with an FXO line if the coresponding line is in use.

Although replicating this feature on the Quadro would have limited usefullness for sites with unlimited outgoing calls via an ITSP, it could definately be handy for sites with only FXO lines or FXO lines + limited ITSP lines. This way extension users would know which lines are in use or if all lines are in use, before placing the call and hearing the "All lines in use" message.

Administrator

Sorry for the late response.

We are working on "key system emulation" for the future that includes the ability to see line appearances on the IP phones. We do not have a determined timeframe for this yet.

Any timeframe for this feature enhancement yet?

Is now released this feature or not?

I need it!

Thank you!

Quadro Architect

Not yet The work was suspended due to a number of objective and subjective reasons. I personally don't fully understand why people so stick to these "key system" way of operation, instead of normal PBX usage, but thats my subjective opinion.
    Now the work on this is resumed, but still there is no specific dates. Something would be ready, most probably, within the next month.

Just wondering how you were going with the fxo indication, this feature is important as with no visual indication users cant tell if the fxo is in use or not. Makes it hard to convince new clients to purchase over a traditional key system and at this stage i have to make clients aware of this limitation.

Regards GK

Quadro Architect

The key system emulation features are expected to be ready at the alpha-stage after about two months, so the realistic date for the release would be 3-4 months starting from now.

Hi Adam From Biztronics in Australia, the Key System Emulation is a Key Selling Point for me, i have just lost a 20K sale the other day due to this fact and i have been asked about it in new quotes that i am doing. Please keep me notified as you get nearer to the time of release. i am also happy to beta the release as well.

I can not stress how important this is to me...

My contact details are email: adam@biztronics.com.au Phone:+61 3 9532 2299 Mobile: +61 4 39 896 719 Epygi Ext.:77607314@sip.epygi.com and 77607313@sip.epygi.com

Thanks Adam

Any Progress on this, i am happy to help with beta testing if you have something... i am really need it to help me sell your product. And if i can sgtart testing it for you then at least i acna tell my customers that we are activlly doing something and there is a out come to this issue, my details are above if you need to contact me

Quadro Architect

Hello Adam

the key system emulation features are not yet in the stage when we can give it to you to test... I would tell it is now in a pre-alpha stage - that means everything is written and ready, but not yet working )

Hopefully in two weeks we will have something between alpha and beta ...

Thread Information