Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: very weird problem

Default very weird problem

Hello,

I have a quadro 2xi with latest 5.0.19 firmware.
    I have this 2xi for more than 1 year and everything was fine but lately all Linksys SPA 921 phones have an issue when dialing out. When we call another pbx and the automated message says, Press 1 to sales, press 2... we press "1" and nothing happens. The weird thing is that there is a Grandstream 2000 in our office and that one works fine. The problem occurs to all linksys phones.

The 2 things I changed lately was:

1) upgrade to 5.0.19
    2) Install this Grandstream 2000
    3) Changed some settings in order to support monitoring of lines and some extensions to grandstream.

Any idea?

Quadro Architect

Not sure why, but seems that your Linksys phones now are connected using another codec (not PCMU), and the "telephon-event" is disabled either on them, on the Quadro, or on the "another PBX". Please check what is the codec used on those calls (you can see that different places, for example - on the Quadro Call Statistics). Is that G.711u/a or something else?

I just make a call and I was pressing 1 to call to sales but nothing happend. This is the call log:

13-May-2009 11:22:26 18 sec "John" 120 21xxxxx500@sip.xxxx.com:5060 Codec: G729a, Quality: 1 (excellent)

and this is the log from the Grandstream phone that works fine with keys

12-May-2009 15:22:00 11 sec 100 2310xxxxx0@sip.xxx.com:5060 Codec: G729a, Quality: 1 (excellent)

Any idea?

Quadro Architect

Ok, se the call is done not using the G.711u/a. That means the DTMFs should be passed through "telephone-event" protocol ("Out of Band DTMF").

First thing to check: those two calls are done to different destinations with possibly different IVR system answering (21xxxxx500@sip.xxxx.com vs. 2310xxxxx0@sip.xxx.com), so it worth to check if the same happens when you call to exactly the same destination from Grandstream and Lynksys.

Second thing to check: you need to make sure you have "Out of Band DTMF Transport" checked ON on both extensions (120 and 100) in the "Extension Codecs" page.

Third thing to check: see the INVITE message coming to Quadro from your Linkys phone. Does it contain "telephone-event" in the codec list. If not, you have to enable that somewhere in the Linksys phone GUI.

Best regards,
    David

1) we already checked. it works. i mean all numbers works for 100 (grandstream). We use it to call and press digits then we transfer to our ext (101, 102, etc).

2) its clicked (checked on).

3) If what you have mentioned has to be enabled in our linksys phones, how you explain that a couple weeks ago everything was fine and now 5 linksys phone has the same bug. It is impossible to accidentally changed that option you mention in all 5 phones.

It is something else...

Quadro Architect

Well, I think it is more difficult to find out what (and where) have changed last week, than to try to find the problem right now, as it exists and is reproducible...

So, can you copy here
    1. the INVITE message coming from your Linksys phone to Quadro;
    2. the INVITE message sent aftter that from Quadro to ITSP?

Both you can find on the "SIP UA" log under the "System"->"Diagnostics"->"Show System Logs"->"View System Logs"->"SIP User Agent".

Best regards,
    David

I just made a call attempt and here's the log. can you check it please?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quadro Architect

...now I agree the problem is weird..
    From the log I can see that the telephon-event draft is used on all legs of the call, in both directions, and the call setup is completely correct. So there should not be any problems with transmitting DTMFs...

The DTMF is transmitted directly from Linksys to your Asterisk IVR, so there should be something wrong in the Linksys<->Asterisk relationship... Can you try to make an experiment - call from Linksys phone to some AA on your Q2x, and press digits. Are they being recognized correctly?

and how can know if they recognized correctly?

Quadro Architect

Well, easy - you can call to 00, then dial "#" to see if it enters to public directory service, or dial the extension number from the main prompt...

Thread Information