Thread: Epygi peering to a Grandstream GXE pbx ?

Default Epygi peering to a Grandstream GXE pbx ?

Hello.

I'm new to this forum and we are currently reviewing our options with regards to PBXs.

Does anyone know whether the Epygi will peer to the Grandstream GXE5024/5028 pbx ?

Thanks
    Htcom

Quadro Architect

Though we haven't explicitly tested Quadro with Grandstream GXE5024/5028, but I see no reason for them to be incompatible. Both are SIP-comliant, so should work together without problems.

Another question is - how (in which kind of setup) are you going to use them together?

Best regards,
    David

Thanks for the reply David.

We supplied a GXE5028 to a customer. This customer has about five small offices in various parts of the world. They are currently just trying the GXE5028 at their main office and will soon be installing sip pbxs at their other offices.
    Whilst the GXE seems to work ok, it appears to be lacking in some fairly basic functionality.

I wan considering the option of suggesting that we swapped the GXE for a 4X at the main office and re installed the GXE at one of their other smaller offices.

I would want the peering to work such that the main office could call an extension at the smaller office and vica versa.

In hindsight we would probably have suggested they went totally Epygi, but.....
    Thanks
    Htcom

Quadro Architect

The compatibility at the level of "being able to call extensions of each other" should be definitely present.

On my experience, Grandstream devices usually don't really offer all the features they advertise, and some advanced functionality is always just not working... but at the basic level of spec compatibility and basic features I didn't see problems with them.

Disclaimer: that is my personal opinion (not Epygi's official one).

Best regards,
    David

@davrays: I think you forgot about all the Asterisks they put on their feature list.. if you read at the very bottom it usually says "feature pending"
    I think they finally got the call routing down with the latest firmware but at first glance, call recording and T.69 support still seem to be MIA (and it's been what now.. 1.5 years since the devices release?)
    It would be nice to have a real world feature comparison for the two devices though - it seems to have several nice features I'm missing in my Quadro (some where I'd need to by a bigger and much more expensive box and others that would need both a bigger quadro and additional licenses).

Thread Information