Thread: Hunt Group Limit

Default Hunt Group Limit

I have a hunt group with 8 extensions in it after the 8th rings I expect it to goto voicemail but it just goes to a number unobtainable tone ?

If I remove 1 of the extensions so I am down to 7 in the hunt group it works fine and ends up at voicemail ?

Quote Originally Posted by scrumpers View Post
    I have a hunt group with 8 extensions in it after the 8th rings I expect it to goto voicemail but it just goes to a number unobtainable tone ?

If I remove 1 of the extensions so I am down to 7 in the hunt group it works fine and ends up at voicemail ?
    Could you elaborate precisely your configuration as it is too vague to comment about without more detail.

Kev

I have a hunt group on a virtual extension 80 and then setup a hunt group 22 23 24 25 22 23 24 25 I have setup voicemail on extension 80 to goto a users mail. If i call the number it goes round all the extensions as predicted but when it supposed to goto the 25 for 2nd time i get a unobtainable tone. If I then remove 25 from the end of the hunt group it works it calls all 7 extensions and goes off to vm and sends the email

Re: I have setup voicemail on extension 80 to goto a users mail.

Use the call forward no answer... send this to a users mail box...

Now in call routing table .. make an entry to send direct to a users mail box...

I use 44?? type direct to voicemail....

Then in the Extension Management table .. under the suplemental area for the MERg.. call forward no answer with 44extension, type = Auto

This will allow you to achieve what you want.

Regards

Kevin

but i want the 8 extensions to ring before it goes to voicemail and email user it does this on 6ext or 7ext but not when i have 8 in the hunt group. I cannot see how this fixes what i need which is to call vertual ext80 then 22 23 24 25 22 23 24 25 voicemail of 80 if i remove the last 25 from the list it works fine it seems there is a limit somehow.

You have not declared your timers for how long the hunt process will ring .

You need to be more precise.

There is a timer of 3 minutes to ring a MERg ... cascade MERgs and you will overcome it.

so if i create say a virtual ext 88 and put all four ext in the hunt group and then just place 88 in the hunt group of 80 twice it may work ?

Where are the timers set i have set each extension in the hunt group to 15 secs

excuse my ignorance but what is MERg ?

ok i created a virtual ext 88 and put 25 23 24 22 in hunt group and then went into virtual ext 80 and put ext 88 twice in the hunt group hoping it would do ext 88 twice and then hit 80's voicemail and in turn goto email. For some reason it rung once and went to voicemail

Worked it out it was the mobile phone I was tesing with tried it from an external PSTN and worked just fine there must be a timeout on my blackberry or orange network

Thread Information