Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Email faxes received corrupted

Thanks Davrays,

In a perfect world cars would not need suspension as all the roads would be perfectly flat

Sadly, the fax-to-email error correction in the Quadro is simply not up-to-scratch compared to even low-cost hardware fax machines. I appreciate there are some engineering challenges, however it would be great if this feature would work reliably:- it doesn't.

Happy to provide diagnostic logs to assist solving this problem:- perhaps it isn't errors, I can consistently reproduce problems at multiple sites with many different fax machines.

Please contact me so I can provide some logs.

Quadro Architect

Daryl, truly saying the FAX-related facilities/features of the Quadro is something I am not personally involved in, and I have a little interest in that.

However I will ask other guys here if they are interested in getting such information, and work on that. And from another side - management should decide, whether we are going to improve this side of the product, implement more error correction, and invest more in that feature, or will leave it as is, considering FAX is something being outdated nowadays..).

Note that though this feature might not work reliably in all cases, but there are many users who are able to use that with their lines without any problems.

So I will ask around and inform you as soon as I have any feedback.

Best regards,
    David

I'd like to add my name to the list of users who would like this feature.

We have tried many different combinations and could not seem to get the epygi to work reliably at all. We have now resorted to using a Linksys ATA and our standard analogue fax to overcome the issue of the fax to email function not working.

Regards
    Scott

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post

However I will ask other guys here if they are interested in getting such information, and work on that. And from another side - management should decide, whether we are going to improve this side of the product, more error correction, and invest more in that feature, or will leave it as is, considering FAX as something being outdated nowadays..).

Note that though this feature might not work reliably in all cases, but there are many users who are able to use that with their lines without any problems.

So I will ask around and inform you as soon as I have any feedback.

Best regards,
    David
    Thanks David,
    Perhaps us folks are a little outdated in Australia, but I have a client who sends over 1200 faxes a month & even small businesses like the idea of fax to email.

My environments, I've tested the ISDN lines, (in Australia, our Telco, Telstra has a TestFax service, 1300-368-999), and they are great.

The same cannot be said for folks faxing in, which is out of our control, considering they don't have problems faxing other folks, so they are not going to be very interested in spending time getting a perfect fax-line, just because the faxee has a Quadro.

Fax is so simple:- like TV, I think that is why it is still around.

Please ask to have this looked-at:- it may not be error correction, it could be something else, perhaps because Australians speak English, not American
    Last edited by darylp; 06-23-2009 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Line information

Can i Offer a Suggestion, I have been trying to get the Faxing working on the Epygi for a long time now, and have no issue in faxing out most of the time but have meet with some issue espessally in the later Firmware of late with incoming faxing.

As many people say, VoiP or FoIP is not ready for reliable use as yet, so...

I have now gone to using a Virtual Fax Provider rather then using the Epygi, still as cost effective and gives you the Fax to Email capability as well as Email to Fax.

Let me know if anyone needs to know more information.

Adam

Thread Information