Thread: Stacking Quadro

Default Stacking Quadro

Dear Dav,

i know this is not the section to post my request but i need the info urgent.

i have 2 CS and want to stack it to double the capacity and i read what ArnesD said but my case i need only one room with total 10 users, so i want to divid the 10 into 5 users in unite A and 5 users in unite B.

but only one room ID for all 10 users.

Quadro Architect

Walid, sorry for late answer here... I am no expert in Conference Server, so I will draw the attention of other people to your question. Hopefully you'll get an answer tomorrow...

I moving this topic to the right place, meanwhile...

Also - a question from me - why do you need to stack two CS units, if you can easily have one conference with 10 users on one unit?

Best regards,
    David

Because i have over than 1000 users my friend, should dial one number to reach the conferance .

Angry

guys any help? im in a bad situation now.......

Quadro Architect

Ok, I'll try... So as I understand, you need something like 25 users on CS unit A, and 25 users in unit B, so you have one conference with 50 users. And you want that conference to be accessible via one single number... Right?

What refers to the first part, you will need to have nesetd conferences, like ArsenD wrote in his post. So I suppose there is no problem there.

The problem comes when you want those conferences to be accessible by just one single number...

There are several solutions to that... If you buy one more unit (like 2x), you can use the power of Call Routing Table to be able to destribute the calls between those two conferences (and genarally between any number of conference servers).

Method 1 (caller ID based distribution): you can register an extension with SIP username XXXX at that 2x, register that to some external SIP server, for eaxmple sip.epygi.com), and configure on that extension a Caller ID based forwarding either to CS unit A, or CS unit B.
    So all callers need to call to XXXX@sip.epygi.com, then they will be redirected to the 2x, then though its Callaer ID based forwarding, some of callers will go to CS A, others to CS B.

Method 2 (capability based distribution): you register an extension with SIP username XXXX@sip.epygi.com at that 2x, forward that to Auto-"somepattern". Then create two rules with pattern "somepattern", with Fail Reason=Any.
    1. pattern=somepattern, NDS=11, call type=IP-PSTN, dest host = <CS A IP address>, "Restrict the Number of Simultaneous Calls"=Yes, Allowed Call Count = 25.
    2. pattern=somepattern, NDS=11, call type=IP-PSTN, dest host = <CS B IP address>, "Restrict the Number of Simultaneous Calls"=Yes, Allowed Call Count = 25.

This uses a new capability of 5.1 software - the ability to restrict the number of simultaneous calls.. I supppse this capability should be on 5.0 too, but not sure it it works the correct way - if you want to use this method, I can test that.
    This way you will send the first 25 calls to CS A, the next 25 calls to CS B.

Method 3 (random distribution): you register an attendant with SIP username XXXX@sip.epygi.com at that 2x, give it a custom scenario, which will route incoming calls either to CS A, or CS B, based on the time of call (if you do that based on the seconds, this will be random distribution). I can give you a sample of such attendant script, if you want..

Please ask if you are confused, or if you need some clarification

Best regards,
    David

Dear david,

my project that i should creat 30 conf-rooms each room 10 users.
    user should dial one number( like 900 or 800) to hear the auto attendant of the CS.
    now i have 3 Quadro CS. CS (A) is the one that all users will dial too.
    is there is anyway by the routing table of the CS (A) to add the dial pattern of the CS(b) room number? ex.. if i have room No. 200 at CS(B) and 300 at CS(C)
    how from the call routing table of CS (A) to reach 200 or 300?
    if there is a way then my problem solved.

Quadro Architect

Well, so looks like I misunderstood you and was telling about something different and more complex...

This should be easy.. Lets assume the SIP Address of your room 200 on CS (B) is BBB@sip.epygi.com. You'll need to add on CS (A) a route rule like this:
    pattern=200, NDS=3, prefix=BBB, calltype=SIP, destination host=sip.epygi.com...

Then you can dial out "200" on your CS (A), and be connected to conference room 200 on CS (B)...

Thread Information