Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remote extensions

Daryl you also need rtp traffic too... other wise you will lose an audio path ...

Kev

what port number would that be? UDP or TCP?

Ive forwarded port 5004 UDP and TCP which is for RTP according to a doc i have, is this correct

RTP = 6000-6099 UDP - thats on the Epygi

RTP = 49152-65534 UDP - on the SNOM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real-ti...sport_Protocol

"TCP is the transport protocol used for primary call control functions and signaling including call establishment, flow control, codec negotiation, and so forth."

"UDP relies upon an upper layer protocol to provide these features, namely the Real-Time Protocol (RTP). RTP uses UDP at the transport layer, providing both sequencing information so that packets are delivered in the correct order, and timing information so that issues such as network delay can be accounted and compensated for."

PS From the Remote guide

5.3. Select the Enable RTP Proxy checkbox to route incoming and outgoing RTP streams through the Quadro. If this option is selected, the Quadro will act as an RTP proxy for a remote SIP phone and the caller/called party. This may be required for calls that originate from an ITSP (Internet Telephony Service Provider). If this checkbox is not selected, RTP packets will route directly between peers.

5.5. Select the Symmetric RTP checkbox if the remote SIP phone resides behind a symmetrical NAT.
    Symmetric RTP forces RTP Transmitter to send RTP packets to the remote destination (IP; port), from where RTP packets are coming, regardless of the destination negotiated during the call setup.
    The most typical case for Symmetric RTP is remote extension (IP Phone) under Symmetric NAT. It works for both originating and answering calls.

ON THE HANDSET

5. Access the Advanced tab and on the Advanced Network section and specify the provided parameters as described below:
    o Specify the RTP range in the Dynamic RTP Start and Dynamic RTP Stop fields ( 10000 to 10049 )
    o Enter the SIP port in the Network Identity (port) field (5060).
    6. Press Save to apply the changes.

K
    Last edited by KSComs; 04-23-2009 at 08:18 AM.

Quadro Architect

A couple of words from me:
    the issue above is definitely a NAT issue at the phone side. As soon as a packet from phone to Quadro comes out, the hole in the NAT/Firewall is open, and incoming calls to the phone can go through. Then the router closes the NAT hole for the phone by timeout (typically about 3 minutes), and incoming calls stop going through to the Snom.
    The way to solve this is either to open the NAT/Firewall (create direct port mappings as Kevin suggested),
    or use "Symmetric RTP" option on Remote Extension (possibly the "RTP Proxy" too), and also you may need to decrease the Snom registration timeout, so it always sends packets to Quadro, and so keeps the NAT hole open fro incoming calls. You will need to set it to 5-10 minutes, or in worst case even to 2-3 minutes (depends on the timeout of your NAT router).

Best regards,
    David

Darryl,

Did you ever find an aswer to this issue. I have something very similar happenning. I have tried both softphone, Snom 320 & Snom 300 phones with the following setup. Quadro2xi, (also tried Quadro16xi) all router ports directed to the correct phone IP and to the quardo on the other end. I have also tried putting both the Quadro and the remote extension i the DMZ.

Now what happens is that the first call made from the remote extention, after a reboot or after a 5-6 minute period of non use, does not go through. There is no audio at all and the called extension does not ring. If i then hang up and dial again, the call goes through properly.

It's as if the remote extenstion goes to sleep and needs waking up. Very strange. It's also worth noting that if i call the remote extension after a reboot or 5-6 minutes of non use, it does not go through either.

ANy help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
    Last edited by Leeinsa; 04-25-2010 at 09:05 AM.

I was having a similar issue - I figured that it would be a firewall issue (I was using a SonicWall which has VoIP translation) and decided I would get something "less smart" and just punch holes and forward to the phone itself.

Now, I keep getting "number dialed does not exist" when I call from the phone. I will see if calls stop coming through after five to ten minutes although I doubt it since I punched the wholes on the firewall.

The Quadro box has a public internet IP and my phone (at home) is behind a nat firewall (wrt54g2). The phone i am using is a polycom ip650 - i set the keep alive at 3600 seconds.

good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by juanhf View Post
    I was having a similar issue - I figured that it would be a firewall issue (I was using a SonicWall which has VoIP translation) and decided I would get something "less smart" and just punch holes and forward to the phone itself.

Now, I keep getting "number dialed does not exist" when I call from the phone. I will see if calls stop coming through after five to ten minutes although I doubt it since I punched the wholes on the firewall.

The Quadro box has a public internet IP and my phone (at home) is behind a nat firewall (wrt54g2). The phone i am using is a polycom ip650 - i set the keep alive at 3600 seconds.

good luck!
    What happens if you redice the Sip registration timer down to 60 seconds ... does that resolve your problem >?

Kevin

I will move my "number dialed does not exist" discussion to this thread

http://support.epygi.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2638

p.s. I did change the SIP registration on the phone down to 60sec and the problem does persist.

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    What happens if you redice the Sip registration timer down to 60 seconds ... does that resolve your problem >?

Kevin
    By the way, and correct me if I am wrong, but there is a technical advisory on the release notes for firmware version 5.1.39 that says that the SIP registration timeout should be set to 120 seconds or more - anything less and the registration will fail.

Having said that, as per your recommendation I set the SIP registration at 60 seconds on my phone and when I look at the line information on my phone the count down timer counts down from 120 seconds. As it would appear, the Quadro has ignored the setting on the phone and forced the registration timeout to 120 seconds.

In any case, I still cannot place any calls... just receive.

Thread Information