Thread: Outgoing call registers as PSTN1-?

Default Outgoing call registers as PSTN1-?

A customer is trying to get some call accounting software working but to do so needs the number that has been called to be registered. Output is using 3PCC.

When I look in the call statistics (I am assuming that is what would be outputted?) there are calls to be charged for, but the number called is "PSTN1-?" (without the quotation marks). Why does the quadro not display the number that has been called. The 3rd party software requires the number to be displayed to calculate the call charges.

Quadro is a 4X4-RM with the latest firmware.

Quadro Architect

This depends on how you are dialing to FXO. If yours users get the real PSTN dialtone, then dial a number, you will see what you see in the Call Stats, because the number dialed after user got to the PSTN dialtone, is out of the control of Quadro.
    But this kind of config is not the default. You should have specially changed the routing rules to have this kind of setup.
    In the rest of cases you should see the dialed numbers.

So to find out the reason can yo answer to the following questions:
    1. Where do you see those Call Stats records (PSTN1-?) - on the PBX or on the GW (though you didn't mention that, I suppose you are using a GW, as you posted the thread in this part of the forum)?
    2. Can you show all the routing rules used to call to PSTN?

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    1. Where do you see those Call Stats records (PSTN1-?) - on the PBX or on the GW (though you didn't mention that, I suppose you are using a GW, as you posted the thread in this part of the forum)?
    To start with, OOOPS. This is posted in the wrong section . It is actually on the PBX.

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    2. Can you show all the routing rules used to call to PSTN?
    2 Enabled 9?* NDS: 1 FXO port: Any Port Any No * PBX 10 Make PSTN Call

and then the failover

12 Enabled 0* NDS: 1 FXO port: Any Port None No * PBX 10 Nehos

and they are the only 2 routing rules for PSTN.

I don't know why the call went out over pstn anyway. The motel room user must have dialed 9 before the call. Do the line buttons on the Aastra 9133i automatically pick up a PSTN or SIP line?

Craig out of interest .. the 2 and 12 before the routes are they reflecting the entry numbers if so ... try moving route 12 to route 3 and then monitor....

K

Quadro Architect

Ok, I don't know how and when the motel room user dialed something, but there is one thing I can tell for sure:

you can get records like "PSTN1-?" due to your "0*" (I suppose you have added that manually, right?). This can happen the following way: user dials "0#", or dials "0", then waits for 4-5 seconds, gets connected directly to the PSTN line, then dials the rest. In this case Quadro will not see the real dialed number, as it is sent directly to telco.

To avoid this situation you need to modify your "0*" pattern to "0?*". The "?" sign in this pattern will ensure that at least one digit is dialed after 0, to use this pattern.

Of course this could create some problems as users will not listen dialtone after dialing 0, but at least you can get rid of the "PSTN1-?" records in Call Stats.

Best regards,
    David

P.S. BTW, why do you need to have both access codes (both 9 and 0)? If you use one, you will not have problems - system will create the righ rule for you, and provide a "simulation" dialtone after dialing that single digit (either 9 or 0).

Thread Information