Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: call routing

Unhappy call routing

I would like to know how would i go about creating a rule that would only allow one specific extension(ext10) to dial cellphone numbers eg 083/084/072 numbers. All other extensions(11-20) must not be able to dial these kind of numbers they are currently however able to dial normal landline numbers eg 021/011/013 numbers which should remain the same

Darryl it is possible to do it...

The call routing tables can be very smart and create complex routings.

It is mostly done with the filter command.

Rule 1..

08[3-4]* NDS: = mobile number length, type of route - send them to the receptionist extension 10 , filters = {11-20}

Rule 2..

072* NDS: = mobile number length, type of route - send them to the receptionist extension 10 , filters = {11-20}

next call routing entry would be

Rule 3..

* NDS = 0 , type = trunk route ie FXO, ISDN, VoIP, filter = *

The above assumes that you dont need to dial a digit to get outside the Epygi and will make any of the mobile calls go to the receptionist for extension 11 - 20 only. Extension 10 will be excluded from the above rules and it will go direct to the 3 rule which is dial out on the trunk route therefore allowing open access..

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

Why not just to add a new single rule to the existing configuration, Kevin? Like the following one:
    pattern={083,084,072}*, NDS=0, call type = 'trunk route ie FXO, ISDN, VoIP', filter = 10.

This would be easier and more simple, while still doing the necesasary job...

depends on his rules David, I was trying to make sure that the others could not dial anywhere else via call routing and was trying to make 100% sure that they couldnt get around the call routing rule because it is a direct match.

Kev

dave has the correct way of doing it. but since darryl is in south africa the pattern should actually be "0{71-85,!80,!81}*". from what he said, he has only one cell router. our lovely country has three different cellular service providers and they all bill differently. our complete cellular range is 071 *** **** to 085 *** ****

this rule is for the assumption that they dont lial 0 for access
    if the access code 0 is used then the rule will be "00{71-85,!80,!81}*, NDS:1"

Hmm .. interesting..

But Corne the question is does he have another rule that is plain old 0* any trunk route with a pattern of * as the filter ... if he does the rule that you set if there was already a call to it.. would fail and then be passed to the 0* rule which then would be the next match because the first rule of "00{71-85,!80,!81}*, NDS:1" is now busy.

Thats why i suggested the other to capture these events and notify someone of what the person is trying to do....which is something that they shouldnt....

Kev

ah

i forgot about that one
    that would have to change to "00{11-69,86-99,80,81}*" NDS:1

this will then give access to all areas excepting the cell ranges

Quote Originally Posted by cornepiek View Post
    ah

i forgot about that one
    that would have to change to "00{11-69,86-99,80,81}*" NDS:1

this will then give access to all areas excepting the cell ranges

What is the pattern for the above ? is it type pbx and filter of {11-69} is that what you meant in your rule above...

then the rule of 0* would apply to 10 especially if he did a pbx * filter of {10}

Maybe when he gets back on he can understand the Risks etc... with the call routing and make the call and give the customer the full brief on what if's

Kev

i would remove the 0* rule all together.

the one i am referring to is as follows
    Pattern: 00{11-69,86-99,80,81}*
    Pattern Modification; NDS:1
    Call Settings: FXO port: FXO1
    Failover Reason(s): None
    Inbound Pattern/Modification: 10-20
    Inbound Setings: PBX

This will allow all exts to dial to all the local and national numbers. they cannot dial cell no's through this rule

the second rule willl be as follows:
    Pattern: 00{71-85,!80,!81}*
    Pattern Modification; NDS:1
    Call Settings: FXO port: FXO2
    Failover Reason(s): None
    Inbound Pattern/Modification: 10
    Inbound Setings: PBX

this rule will allow ext 10 to dial cell no's and block all other exts from dialling these numbers

ps; the 080 ans 081 numbers are special services numbers and are cheaper to phone from the land lines

So you would have to stipulate the call routes 11 - 69 can dial otherwise this is no good....

Kev

Thread Information