Thread: voicemail not respoding

Default voicemail not respoding

Hi there,

I have an issue where the voicemail on one extension refuses to respond to the keyed numbers. You can dial the voicemail box but cant go any further. After a physical reboot of the epygi, all is fine again. I normally would not worry if it rarely happened, but this is a new installation and has happened twice in 2 weeks.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Quadro Architect

How do they access the voicemail - from a local extension or remotely? Does the phone reboot help? Can you check which codecs are activated on that extension and on the phone itself? Is the PCMU/PCMA preferred codec, or there are other codecs placed first in the list?

They check their VM locally using *0.
    I am sure the phone reboot didn't help, but I have had a sleep since then
    Codecs in order are G.711u, G.711a, G.726-16, G.726-24, G.726-32, G.726-40, G.729a and iLBC.
    Codecs on the phone are as follows. Under Global sip setting (had to write that to remind myself where to find it ) Codec 1 is set to all (which is an aastra 57i)

Is that helpful at all

Craig,

Try factory defaulting the extension, and then let the Epygi redeploy the settings to the AASTRA.

If you start with that then you can discount the telephone, especially if it is firmware deployed and settings controlled by the Epygi ...

Kev

Hi Kev,

It was deployed by the quadro. I really dont think it is the phone.

I have this funny feeling that it may have something to do with enabling and disabling some CRT entries. I am yet to prove this though.

Quadro Architect

Well, you probably already guessed what I will tell now -

logs needed. Please enable the "developer logging" and tell the customer to go and download the logs from Quadro prior to rebooting that, when this happens the next time. Based on those logs we can tell the reason for sure, without guessing..

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information