Thread: Call routing enablers

Default Call routing enablers

I have created numerous call routing records only one of which needs to be enabled every night. I have given them all a separate enabler and the same disabler. I now need to turn on another rule every day at the same time but want to incorperate it into the same enabler as the other rule. I have tried creating the same rule with different enablers but get an error message. I am also unable to create a single rule with many enablers. Is there a way around this?

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by andy View Post
    I have tried creating the same rule with different enablers but get an error message. I am also unable to create a single rule with many enablers. Is there a way around this?
    Yes, you cannot create a single rule with many enablers with the current formware. But you should be able to create several rules with the same pattern, but with different enablers. If you tried that and it didn't work, which error message did you get?

I recieve the error "this routing call record already exists" I have many rules with different enablers and one rule which always needs to be enabled with one of the others. I would like to do it so that the users only have to login and enable once
    Last edited by andy; 04-21-2009 at 07:25 AM.

Quadro Architect

I looked into that and found that there is really a small problem in the SW, whcih prevents you from adding a rule, if it differs from existing one only by Enabler or Disabler code.. Thank you for helping to find this!
    Now, to workaround this problem, please try to make something different in the new rule - even changing a "Description" field will be enough - just add one letter or digit to the description, and you should be able to add that new rule..

Please try that and tell me if this fixes the problem.

Best regards,
    David

I'm afraid this didn't work, we still get the same message "this routing call record already exists"
    Has this been fixed as we really could do with this facility

Quadro Architect

Well, based on the delay in your ansswer, it looks you didn't need that urgently

This problem is fixed in the 5.1 latest images, but they are not released yet (it should be 5.1.26 or newer). If you need that urgently, please try to do what I wrote above.. Sorry I was not clear enough - try to set the "Filter on caller" option and modify the description filed there - this will allow you to add more rules of the same kind..

Thank you for that. The urgency was that I was in the process of setting this up but we had to go with a workaround. The customer has now come back and asked if we have found a resolution, hence the reason we are looking at this again. Do you have an expected release date for 5.1.26 yet

Quadro Architect

I would expect that to come out after a month or even month and a half...

You could apply the workaround above until that - I tested that on 5.1.17 and it works.

Thread Information