Thread: Rejected by CAC?

Default Rejected by CAC?

Hi,

I have a 4x with FW 5.0.17 with FXO lines attached. I am getting an event message(green) that says "rejected by CAC" with a description of "PBX capability exceeded." I looked at the call log around the time that the error was thrown and could not see anything unusual.

I had a problem the other day, where one of the FXO lines was always busy(I only could test calling into the 4x). I rebooted the 4x and the problem when away.

I have had the 4x for over a year without seeing this event and the FXO line busy is also new.

I ran FXO diag on the off chance that it might identify an issue, but it completed successfully.

Please let me know what action I can take to understand/correct this situation.

Thanks
    Den

Quadro Architect

Actually this *situation* consists of two different issues:
    a) you got a "Rejected by CAC" event. BTW, was that just one event, or many?
    b) a call on FXO line remained open by some reason

I think those two issues are unrelated. The (a) means the PBX was very busy at some moment, and thus rejected one new call attempt.
    (b) could happen because of different reasons, maybe there was a call on that line - did you check the "Active Calls" table on the main page? If there was no call, this issue should be investigated by tech support - you would need to collect logs (with developer logging switched ON), and send to Epygi TS, as soon as the situation appears again..

Best regards,
    David

davrays,

Thanks for your feedback.

Issue "a" has only happened 3 times and not more than once in a day.

Issue "b", I think is caused by running the FXO diagnostics. I ran it today and it failed (it ran successfully the other day) and then FXO line was always busy. I rebooted the 4x and it was OK. I was working another issue listed in the forums by me, about the FXO diag failing, so I will investigate that issue more and drop the "Rejected by CAC" for now.

Thanks
    Den

I have the same problems!

For lines FXS / FXO / isdn always busy, I saw that occurs rarely (once every 2 months maybe it happens) and you need just to restart the epygi.

For the "PBX capability exceeded" I do not know .. It's happen once a week on a 2X with 3 phones and 2 computers... I think for the 2 computer "traffic"...

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by Celestix View Post
    For lines FXS / FXO / isdn always busy, I saw that occurs rarely (once every 2 months maybe it happens) and you need just to restart the epygi.
    That is not normal... Please download logs prior to reboot and contact Epygi when this happens next time...

Thread Information