Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: No audio after Transfer.

threebit, which ITSP are you using?

Try turning on RTP proxy in call routing [img]smileys/smiley4.gif[/img]

Quadro Architect

Yes, for me it is also very interesting, which ITSP is that.

I remember a request from Alloy about similar problem, but our resolution was exactly the opposite to what threebit is telling.

Quote Originally Posted by threebit
    The conclusion they came to, was that the ITSP is changing the RTP when it receives the transfer message (ReInvite??) and this is confusing the Quadro.

actually Quadro is changing the RTP port during transfers sending re-INVITE and this may confuse ITSP if their SIP implementation is not mature.

Hi,
    The ITSP is iTalk, and Alloy were taking the issue up with Epygi on our behalf.

And davrays, you are right about the RTP port changing, it is being done by the Quadro not the ITSP. I had that a little confused.

I managed to contact the italk product manager about this issue. After discussing the issue with his engineers he came back to me saying their service is "stateless" and therefore not designed to to handle functions like call transfers.

I have been trialling a workaround (hack) that uses Asterisk as a sort of proxy. Which solves the transfer issue, but is not ideal because Asterisk tries to handle the hold music, aswell as a number of other reasons including degradation of audio quality.

Thanks.

hrant221

Please enable the developer logs on your Quadro (to do that enter the "systemlogs.cgi" in your browser's Address field after the IP address of Quadro, select "System Logs Settings" andenable "Enable developer logging". Then run please the same test again with failed transfer, download the logsand sendthat to the following mail address along withtestdescription:

hrant.vardanyan@epygiarm.am

Quadro Architect

Wehave looked into these logs and ...

...I see no good resolution to this problem, other than to change the ITSP. Quadro is changing RTP port during transfer and there is no configuration options, which could change that behaviour.

The way Quadro is operating is fully in accordance to RFC, and SIP implementation on ITSP side should support that. Changing a port during re-negotiations isNOTa very advanced thing, and it cannot confuse normal SIP stack.

Asterisk doesn't change theport (and so doesn't have problem with that ITSP), most probably because itdoes the transfer internally. This may add an unnecessaryload to the device.

The implementation in the Quadro was considered as optimal, and we cannot change that because of possiblesideeffects, unless wehavestatistics, which shows thata lot of ITSPs don't support port change during re-negotiation. Up to now we have seen that behaviour only from iTalk server.

Regards,

DVREdited by: davrays

Thanks for investigating the issue.
    A new ITSP has launched this month which might be an alternative option for us. But up until now italk has been our only option.
    Thanks again.

Edited by: threebit

Thread Information