Thread: Customer Billing

Default Customer Billing

I have two Hotels (90 Rooms) that I am quoting Epygi PBX systems for (M32x)

I need to provide a method for the Receptionists to producs a Telephone Bill for each Room (Ext) every morning.

I cannot see how I can do this. I need a solution that does not involve the Receptionist to do anything complicated.

I have looked at 3PCC. There is a SubCDRs feature that may be able help me.

It generates TXT file that records all Calls.

I need to find some software that can read this file and spit out Billing Info based on Extensions.

I am a little concerned that this a Windows App rather than something that can be run as a service. If the App is not running, you lose the data. The Stats are still available on the Epygi but the SubCDR.exe just records live communication.

I really need something a little more reliable with fewer chinks.

Any thoughts/guidance.

I would also like to schedule a wake up call.

Many thanks

Craig

Quadro Architect

Well, in 5.1 we have integrated a tool to send the call stats out via e-mail or upload that to FTP server.
    In 5.0 there is no such feature though. So your options now include the following two:
    1. Either write a software which downloads the call stats from the device periodically using HTTP, then analyses that.
    2. Write an application which runs as a service, and does the same as SubCDR's. The source codes of SubCDRs are available, so you can use them, though if you are developing a service, it would be nice to use a more advanced programming language/tool, than VB.
    Anyway, you will need to find a programmer to write the application to analyse the CDRs, so the same person could reprogram the SubCDRs..

The wake up call is pretty easy to implement using 3PCC. There also a service-like program should be developed.

So as far as I can see, you would need to find a programmer (a freelancer, probably). Maybe somebody here can suggest a suitable person for that task.. Or ask Epygi to develop that (that also would not be free, I guess..)

Best regards,
    David

Or Raduis Accounting?

(And, can I re-iterate my earlier suggestion that you consider the option of pushing out CDRs via Syslog - esp since large chunks of the required code must already exist! :-)

I am in the process of installing a 4x4RM into a 35 room motel that already had some reservation and billing software called RMS. PhoneControl http://www.phonecontrol.com.au/ has developed an interface that uses 3PCC and it poles a directory every 20 seconds or so and transfers the charges to the room account.
    Richard and his team were very willing to look at developing the interface for the epygi as they had done for many other phone systems.
    Worth a look

I have just been to the Convergence Summit at GMEX at Manchester this morning and met a company called CommSoft RMS (I wonder if this is the same RMS software).

I explained that we were using Epygi. He said that they may need to write a driver to interface their software with Epygi. He asked whether I could provide him with a SMDR Spec from Epygi or provide him with the RAW data produced from the Epygi. Can I provide wither of these to him, if so how?

In the mean time I will look at www.phonecontrol.com.au

Also, you say Wake Up call is easy to implement using 3PCC. Is there any documentation to help our developer know what to write to control the Epygi. Apologies if this is a simple question or if I have not seen existing documentation.

Quadro Architect

Not sure what he ment saying RAW data, but I suppose he just needs to see the format of the CDR (SMDR) file produced by Quadro.. This file can be downloaded from the Call Stats webpage. In case if they will use 3PCC to get the call stats, I believe the format could be found from the 3pcc docs..

The whole documentation including samples on the 3PCC could be found under "Support Center » Downloads » Software Applications » Third-Party Call Control" path in Support portal. Direct link is: http://support.epygi.com/index.php?_...id=17&nav=0,17.

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information