Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Night Service

Default Night Service

Suggestions please for a way to implement a Night Service.

Current state is
    - incoming main number VOIP calls are on the Voip-wizard EXTN of 199 which forwads them to a V-Ext of 200 (mer group of just one Extn) which has a no-answer handling set to forward to 299 (a MER group) which in turn has a no-answer which returns the call to the VM of the first extension (i.e. tha's the receiption desk phone).
    - incoming ISDN trunk calls are currently ALL forwarded to the same V-EXT that incoming main-number VOIPs reach, and follow the same path.
    (Incoming DDI voip numbers we dont' care about for this purpose - they can stay on the individal extn and go to the DDI-owner's own voicemail.)

No call routing is involved here. This is all done by the VOIP wizard trunk connection or by the MSN setting in the ISDN lines. NOTE also that the *main* number is the VOIP number so changing the ISDN trunks from MSN to CRT won't help.

What we want to do is

- after hours, instead of following the on-no-answer chain around the building, is go *directly* to the VM of the receptionist phone *and*, if possible have a different message. OR as an alternative, go to he VM of a V-Ext which already HAS a "night" suitable message.

Preferrably time-based or by the receptionist signing off in some fashion, preferably not requiring many complex steps!

So far as I can see, only CRT entries can be time based, the best we could do for Forwarding rules is base them on CLIP. Which ain't helping.

The A/A in the Extension Routing Table can also be times based if you want to apply your VXML skillz.

K

Quadro Architect

Though AA is really a way to go here, as kevin mentioned, but taking into account the fact that there are not many people wishing to apply their VXML skill, I would suggest different option.

Chris, as you correctly mentioned, the CRT is the main place to apply the date/time rules. So you need to direct your calls to CRT at some point, and to fork then there. In other words, waht you can do is:
    1. Instead of forwarding the 199 to 200, you can forward that to "Auto-DayNightSwitch".
    2. Create a rule in CRT with pattern="DayNightSwitch", NDS=14,prefix=200,call type=PBX,..., and set it to work on day-time only.
    3. create another rule in CRT with pattern="DayNightSwitch", NDS=14,prefix=<whereever you want to direct calls at night time>, call type=<PBX,PBX-Voicemail or any other depending on your needs>. No date/time filter needed here.
    4. Make sure the first rule has higher priority than the second (use metric, or just out that above the second rule). Set "fail Reason"=None on both rules. This way you will ensure that te call will match the first rule at daytime, and at all other times of day/week, it will skip the first rule and match the second.

That should work, theoretically

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    apply your VXML skillz.

K
    You know, I've been keeping my eye open for them but Sainsbury's don't seem to hold stock...

BSF, Getting my head around the AA is on my TO Do list - for next time I have a vacant week. Meantime....

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Though AA is really a way to go here, as kevin mentioned, but taking into account the fact that there are not many people wishing to apply their VXML skill, I would suggest different option.

Chris, as you correctly mentioned, the CRT is the main place to apply the date/time rules. So you need to direct your calls to CRT at some point, and to fork then there. In other words, waht you can do is:
    1. Instead of forwarding the 199 to 200, you can forward that to "Auto-DayNightSwitch".
    2. Create a rule in CRT with pattern="DayNightSwitch", NDS=14,prefix=200,call type=PBX,..., and set it to work on day-time only.
    3. create another rule in CRT with pattern="DayNightSwitch", NDS=14,prefix=<whereever you want to direct calls at night time>, call type=<PBX,PBX-Voicemail or any other depending on your needs>. No date/time filter needed here.
    4. Make sure the first rule has higher priority than the second (use metric, or just out that above the second rule). Set "fail Reason"=None on both rules. This way you will ensure that te call will match the first rule at daytime, and at all other times of day/week, it will skip the first rule and match the second.

Best regards,
    David
    Now that looks quite cute. Tell me more of this "theoretically" thing of which you speak, have you tried it? I can see I'm going to be busy here, good job I have a 2x test system. :-)

I could give you a few pointers, but I have posted the method david is talking about before on the forum ....

Cheers Larry

It occurrs to me that I could route the Night Service to a second REAL extension, then connect a second Identity from the receptionist's SNOM to the NS "ext".

Then she could still anwer it if she happened to still be there after switch over time.

And accessing VMS and stuff will be easy cos itz still all on the phone. I *assume* (off to run some tests) that I can choose which ID I send my *0 to when checking vm...

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post

Best regards,
    David
    Belated response - had a time to play with this now and it works a treat. This is the first time I've seen mentioned, however, that the "called" pattern in the CRT doesn't have to be a number of some sort. I guess I could've made up a mock "numeric" string by the same logic but knowing I can use ANY string, is quite useful, I'd suggest you make some more mention of this in the manuals. :-)

Hmm. Just trying to get my head around the pattern-match for the time-limited CRT rule. Can't see a quick way of saying "evenings and weekends", probably going to be easiest to have an Evenings rule and a Weekends rule. Unless I'm missing an obvious trick?

Quadro Architect

Well, its better to have two rules for that (weeked rule and evening rule).
    "Custom" are typically used for more complex time intervals, but you cannot have the "weekday" mentioned there. So two rules are the way to go..

Thread Information