Thread: IP Phones - Area Codes

Unhappy IP Phones - Area Codes

We had to change a few settings on our network which required the rebooting of our Snom IP Phones to our Quadro2x system. Going through the rebooting process, it asks for our country's international number which then we select New Zealand and select an area code of 09.

Now, whenever we dial a number, it puts +64 09 in front of the phone number. It still works but we are unable to dial any "freephone" numbers which are 0800 as these end up being +64 09 0800...

Is there a way to type in a phone number without it using the international code and local area code?

Appreciate your help.

When your Snom phones are first configure dor when you reboot them, do NOT answer ANY of the on-screen prompts. The auto-configure process from the PBX will cut in and set the phones up in accordance with the way you've alreayd set up the PBX.

If you manually intervene with the Snom (re)boot process, you can introduce elements into the Snom "dial plan" which break it, as they take effect *before* the dialled number is seen by the PBX.

Best route out, if you find you've done this, is to Factory Reset the Snom then when you reboot it it'll auto-provision from the Quadro with the correct settings.

Thanks for your reply. So when I reboot the Snom IP Phones and it's asking for a country . . . do I just leave it and the PBX will set it up eventually?

if you auto deploy it will set it up based upon the settings inside the Epygi.

K

Quote Originally Posted by bsnquadro View Post
    Thanks for your reply. So when I reboot the Snom IP Phones and it's asking for a country . . . do I just leave it and the PBX will set it up eventually?
    It should do if the system is auto-provisioning correctly.

If it doesn't (and you're *trying* to use auto-prov) then my guess is you've previously interrupted this phone whislt auto-prov was trying to set it up and it's ended up half-set. Hence the suggestion to factory-reset it.

I did *exactly* this on my first install - a Quadro 2x with a Snom 360. When the phone started asking me questions I assumed I had to answer them. What really buggered it up was when it asked about emergency numbers and pre-dial codes. The information I gave it ended up in the "Dial Plan" string for the Snom and it *really* didn't work at all well - fought with the Call Routing in the Epygi...

So yes, if you're auto-provisioning Snoms (by far the best way for 95% of people IWHT) then do NOT let those prompts you see on teh phone screen tempt you. And educate your users, if for any reason they see the phone booting up, NOT to interact with it until it's showing the normal screen with their name/extension on it.

Thread Information