Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Missed calls on Snom 3x0 in MER group

Quadro Architect

If you mean the missed call reported on the phone itself, then I have good, bad and 'mixed' news for you

Good news: this feature is practically ready, meaning that it is already developed and preliminarily tested. I would expect that to be included in some of the next 5.1 releases.

Bad news: it will not be published in the nearest releases, as we are working now to fix the issues found in the 5.1, rather than releasing new features. As soon as we release a good'n'stable 5.1.x image, we will think of releasing more new features.

'mixed' news: according to our very slight testing, this feature works with Snom, Aastra and Grandsteam phones, and doesn't work with Linksys and Polycom phones, at least on the firmware versions we had.

according to our very slight testing, this feature works with Snom, Aastra and Grandsteam phones, and doesn't work with Linksys and Polycom phones, at least on the firmware versions we had.
    Probably because the phones don't support RFC 3326 (at Linksys doesn't mention that RFC in their datasheet). But that's their fault. I suppose I should try to see if Linksys still listens to input for future development - their LDAP support could also use a tuneup (which brings me to an idea for the corporate directory in the Quadro.. there's the built-in webpages for some phones.. any chance for an LDAP based directory (both Snom and Linksys support LDAP lookups)?)

just to say that i am waiting for this feature too.

Quote Originally Posted by ssteiner View Post
    Probably because the phones don't support RFC 3326 (at Linksys doesn't mention that RFC in their datasheet). But that's their fault. I suppose I should try to see if Linksys still listens to input for future development - their LDAP support could also use a tuneup (which brings me to an idea for the corporate directory in the Quadro.. there's the built-in webpages for some phones.. any chance for an LDAP based directory (both Snom and Linksys support LDAP lookups)?)
    This would be a nice feature if it were in an xml page for AASTRA too....seeing as the directory in these phones are unique to the handset and updating a directory in those is woeful.

Kev

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    We can easily change the SW to not report those calls as missed in the PBX statistics. But I guess this will give nothing, as users are looking at the phone to see if they missed the call.

So the method Scott is talking about (use "Reason" header of SIP message) is probably the only way to solve the issue...
    This is in our to-do list.

Actually, I think it would be neater to ALSO show the call once only in the call logs. Currently it shows as "successful" against the extn that answered it and as "missed" against EACH of the oens taht didn't - so for a six-extn group, the log shows FIVE missed calls when in fact the call was successfull. It's fairly clear what's going on but it'd be neater if it didn't.

OTOH, on the handset, I'd like to be able to CHOOSE if it logs the "missed" call or not - it could be that even though someone else picked up the call, *I* may want to call that person back or be aware that they called in.

Quadro Architect

Guys, I just told you about one implemented feature, and you have requested 3 other features

What refers to the LDAP support, currently we have no plans for that. Though you always can request that through your distrubutor.., if you consider that important enough

Removing the missed call records from the Call Stats table: well, probably it would be neter, but as to me, I would prefer to leave that as it is - just to be able to see the real whole picture in the stats - anyway this records in the call stats cannot confuse regular user, but might be useful for the admin...

Making the "missed" call reporting optional and selectable based on handset - could be a good idea. We will consider doing that, but for now the feature is not configurable, so it will be enabled automatically for all phones after upgrade to the corresponding release.

Quadro Architect

Yes Please what?

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Making the "missed" call reporting optional and selectable based on handset - could be a good idea. We will consider doing that, but for now the feature is not configurable, so it will be enabled automatically for all phones after upgrade to the corresponding release.
    Firmware version 5.1.27 appears to have the missed call feature included as one of the new features listed was - Reason header in SIP CANCEL message (prevents the call from being reported as "missed" if it wa picked up by another extension)

Should it automatically work with both Snom and Aastra handsets as all phones in an MER group are still showing missed calls after one handset answers and we are testing on a 2x running 5.1.31

I'm running a 2xi with firmware 5.1.31.

Will it work with Grandstream GXP2000 phones with firmware 1.2.2.19?
    Is there a setting on the GXP2000 I need to set?

There is:
    SUBSCRIBE for Registration Event

I'm wondering if this is it.

Thread Information