Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missed calls on Snom 3x0 in MER group

Default Missed calls on Snom 3x0 in MER group

Hi,

When a call goes to a MER group and is picked up by one handset, all the other phones display a missed call notification.

According to the SNOM FAQ this can be stopped by way of the following changes to SIP protocols:

The PBX has to send the "reason" header correctly according to RFC 3326 ("The Reason Header Field for the Session Initiation Protocol") in order to communicate to the phone that somebody else has picked up the call (only from firmware Version 7):

Received ...:

CANCEL sip:...
    CSeq: 8044 CANCEL
    Reason: SIP;cause=200;text="Call completed elsewhere"

Is there any way to implement this in the Epygi?

Scott

On The handset itself you can remove the missed call displaying behaviour with the capability of still viewing the missed calls.

It is a bit obscure but you might want to look at the notification state ... turn that off...

http://wiki.snom.com/Settings/message_led_other

K
    Last edited by KSComs; 03-09-2009 at 04:56 AM.

Quadro Architect

Thanks for suggestion, Scott. We will look into this. Hopefully this method could work not only for Snom..

KS - nicely spotted but it doesn't get around the problem of differentiating between a call to your extn which you missed, or a call to a MER which someone else picked up, so wasn't really "missed", as someone has fielded the call.

It'd be nice, as indicated, if the Quadro could send the "other" phones in a MER a message saying "call was handled", not just allow the call to drop and appear, so far as YOUR extn is concerned to be a missed call.

Not the biggest thign on my wish list however.

You will also notice that the calls register as a missed call in the quadro as well and not just the phone.

There has to be a workaround for this. Anyone..........

I have the same problem with aastra phones. At one installation the customer comes in after the night shift and has 50+ missed calls on his extension.

Quadro Architect

We can easily change the SW to not report those calls as missed in the PBX statistics. But I guess this will give nothing, as users are looking at the phone to see if they missed the call.

So the method Scott is talking about (use "Reason" header of SIP message) is probably the only way to solve the issue...
    This is in our to-do list.

This is in our to-do list.
    Looking forward to it.. I was very excited when I learned that there's actually a standard mechanism - when you've had a traditional telephony system you'll inevitably wonder why your new system cannot do something that has been standard for a long time on PBXes where the PBX has tight control of the phones.
    Not even the mighty Call Manager can do this today (gotta makes you think, doesn't it?)

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by ssteiner View Post
    Not even the mighty Call Manager can do this today (gotta makes you think, doesn't it?)
    I suppose you mean Cisco Call Manager.. ?

Yes (actually they like to call it communications manager but that never stuck with people who knew the product before the name change) - but it also applies to Cisco's other products - the Call Manager Express and the LVS (SPA9000). I don't have any firsthand knowledge of the UC500 but I suppose since it's a stripped down CME it would show the missed call as well.

Are there any update to this problem? One of our user pointed out to me the 'problem' today All I can say to her was to ignore the missed call stats for the moment.

Thread Information