Thread: MER groups within Hunt groups.

Default MER groups within Hunt groups.

Hunt Group with MERs as msmbers. *

OK, I read the help page, it states categorically that I can't do this, which explains why it doesn't work - except - WHY can't I do this? Any chance it can be implemented?

* e.g. Hunt group says
    - Ring on ext 115 for 20 secs
    - Ring on Vext 299 for20 secs (where Vext 299 is a MER group of 116, 117, 118)
    - Ring on ext 119 (etc)...

The client says "but our old system could do this..." and this is the first time I've been unable to match a pre-existing setup.

Make 3 MERg's .... to match hat you need...

Kev

Doesn't help - yuo still can't put them in a hunt group.

I guess I could daisy-chain the MERs by having each fwd-on-NA to the next.

Still, easier if Hunt Groups *could* contain MERs...

Anyway, with that lateral thought I see a solution to teh entire reuqirement I currently have, albeit a bit long winded to impleent, so cheers! :-)

Quote Originally Posted by ccomley View Post
    Doesn't help - yuo still can't put them in a hunt group.

That is not what i was suggesting.

I guess I could daisy-chain the MERs by having each fwd-on-NA to the next.
    Making a sequential MERg by Auto Forwarding the caller rom one to the other after a time period is what I was suggesting.

Still, easier if Hunt Groups *could* contain MERs...

Anyway, with that lateral thought I see a solution to teh entire reuqirement I currently have, albeit a bit long winded to impleent, so cheers! :-)
    A MERg can be a Hunt group but not the other way around, the logic does not incorporate your idea...

K

Quadro Architect

Guys, probably there is something I don't completely understand in youir posts.
    To the best of my knowledge, it is possible to put MER extension in a hunt group. Actually the MER is the only service which works on the Hunt Group target extensions by design.

You can have extension 555 with enabled "Call Hunting" on that. And you can specify the following there:
    - Ring on ext 115 for 20 secs
    - Ring on Vext 299 for 20 secs (where Vext 299 is a MER group of 116, 117, 118)
    - Ring on ext 119 (etc)...

This has to work, because
    1. We designed it to work that way.
    2. I tested this setup right now and it works perfectly.

What makes you think it doesn't work?

Best regards,
    David

Scott - yes, i realised what your suggested alternate route was and that's how we've implemented it - cheers.

David - nope, I know it doesn't work coz (a) I tried this, when the second VExt on the HG was a MER, the hunt just moved past it to the next entry, and, indeed, when it faile d I looked in the Help screens and this is what the they says it will do. (This is with 5.0.19 on a 4x - if it matters.)

Quadro Architect

Chris, do you think Kevin's real name is Scott?!...

Regarding the rest. I can assure you that MER inside the Hunt Group works (I didn't try on the 5.0.19 specifically, but it should work there as there is no release note telling it doesn't). Probably you would need to try that again (if this is still interesting to you). And where did you find in the Online Help a sentence telling that this combination doesn't work..? I am curious to find that...

If you mean this sentence: "By configuring the Call Hunting service, Call Forwarding and Many Extensions Ringing services will be automatically disabled on the current extension.", then it is completely about different thing..

If you try that (make a clean experiment) and it will not work, please send me the logs, so I can tell you what is wrong in configuration .

Best regards,
    David

*cough*WOW Nested MERg's this is awesome David, but which MERg's CFNA etc will take precedence ?

Do you lose control if you lets say MERg 1 is set to CFNA after 30 seconds to an A/A to say they and MERg 2 is set to call a mobile after 20 seconds via PSTN what happens...

Does the call follow the second MERG's CFNA destination or does it ignore it ?

Regards

Curly

Quadro Architect

Well, Curly Scott, I didn't tell you can put one MERg into another MERg.

You can put MERg into HUNTg ("Call Hunting" group).
    Thats it. I didn't tell you can put HUNTg into MERg, or HUNTg into HUNTg, or MERg into MERg . Only MERg into HUNTg. So you can have one group of extensions to ring for 10 sec, then another group ring for 15 sec, then third group to ring for 10 sec, then go to AA.

The forwardings (UCF or CFNA or any other kind of) of the Hunt Group will work always. All MERg forwardings will be ignored.

Hope this didn't disappoint you . We *could* have enabled more flexibility (MERg into MERG with all kinds of forwardinds), but that would create such a big mess, that we decided to limit it the way it is now.

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    Chris, do you think Kevin's real name is Scott?!...
    Yes! I'm outing him here! It's official. :-) (Actually - no idea how that got there - too many windows open at once. )

Regarding the rest. I can assure you that MER inside the Hunt Group works (I didn't try on the 5.0.19 specifically, ...
    David
    I'll give it a play on our test system.

Thread Information