Thread: Call recording

Default Call recording

Hi,

We have a customer running a call center over Quador 16xi (3pcc enabled) and would desperate need a call recordnig function?

The case is that users call out from computers over a custom programmed application running with cunterpath sdk software.

What are the options to enable this funcionality?

Thanks and regards,

Robert

Quadro Architect

One of the options could be to program a recording function to that application. It can record the call directly on te PC and then send the recording to some FTP server.

Another option is to install a kind of network capturing appliance/PC, which could analyse the VoIP traffic and record all conversations. We were considering to offer such a package, but I am not sure where this process is now. But I think there are appropriate solutions of that kind from a third-party vendors.

Third option is to wait for Call Recording feature on the M32x. This is probably not the best solution in this particular case, as they would need to switch from 16x to more expensive M32x, but anyway, this is an option.

.. I don't see now other solutions. Maybe someone sees more?
    But I think the option 1 is the best, as they anyway have developed a special application on the PC, so they could enhance that a little bit...

Best regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by rwalland View Post
    Hi,

We have a customer running a call center over Quador 16xi (3pcc enabled) and would desperate need a call recordnig function?

The case is that users call out from computers over a custom programmed application running with cunterpath sdk software.

What are the options to enable this funcionality?

Thanks and regards,

Robert

Possible solutions:

1./ is to provide a hub not a switch between the Epygi and the PCs'or IP Phones, run a third party packet sniffer and capture all voice data to a hard disk for storage. Run a package to decipher the packets and store it as logical information.

* pros, captures every bit of information
    * cons, you need to write code and provide a server to store information

2./ is to provide a specific call recorder device such as something like the following : http://www.totalrecallvr.com/trmrack.html

* pros, captures every bit of information and you can manipulate the data
    * cons, expense

3./ is to upgrade the unit to an M32x model to utilise the call recording
    functionality

* pros, captures the information and you can manipulate the data
    * cons, expense

4./ is to use an external voicemail with ample space and set up a recording feature for calls via 3pcc

* pros, captures the information,
    * cons, you need to provide a server to store information with a voicemail application running on it and you need to setup recording in the Eqpygi Quadro

5./ is to use the eyebeam software which has built in recording feature
    http://www.counterpath.net/eyebeam.html

* pros, captures the information and you can manipulate the data if you store the data on the server
    * cons, expense, and might be a bit clunky depending on how you store the data

6./ is to manipulate the counterpath sdk code and enable the recording feature

* pros, you already have manipulated the code in your application
    * cons, recoding

Thread Information