Thread: DHCP Lease for Extension page

Default DHCP Lease for Extension page

Hi there it would be great to have a View DHCP Lease link that would pop up another small window with all mac to ip addresses logged on to the Epygi.

Why do you ask, when trying to ensure that I enter the correct mac address of a device into the extension fields of the IP Line area a pop up to the mac/ip dhcp lease would be great.

It would also be beneficial to see for diagnostics if it were on the line settings page for those type of devices that the Epygi does not know how to configure.. ie ata devices, or telephones.

Just a thought..

Regards

Kevin

Quadro Architect

Hmm... what about the "Network" -> "DHCP Settings for the LAN Interface" -> "View DHCP leases" link?... What wrong with that page..?
    Or you want this to be necessarily pop-up?

Thats fine but when you are looking at many pages you have to opt out of those pages to get to the DHCP Lease link to see what the mac address and ip is so you can then go back ....

ie .. go try and add a device that is not able to be autodeployed with the Quadro ... so you are at the Ip line page... you select an IP line..and are now at the drop down list of other ...or a telephone that may be similar to the autoconfiguration but you need to knopw the mac address ... you then opt out of that page go back to the network area... yaddah yaddah yaddah .. then back... and rinse and repeat for every extension that you are trying to install ...

It would be great to have the DHCP Leases at the fingertips... Yes ? No ?

Regards

Kevin
    Last edited by KSComs; 02-05-2009 at 10:56 PM.

Quadro Architect

Yes... maybe... or maybe not...

But as to me, I would open one more Explorer (Mozilla/Opera/...) tab with "DHCP leases" page, to always have it within easy reach... As I use Exploer 6, what I would do is "File->New->Window->go to DHCP leases page on that specific window, while still having "Line Settings" on the old page ...

Thread Information