Thread: Hunt group divert to mobile.

Question Hunt group divert to mobile.

Hi all

We have a problem with diverting to mobile from within a hunt group. The Hunt group is configured with three internal extensions and a fourth extension configured as an unconditional divert to a mobile number. At present if you call the virtual extension with the unconditional divert it does call the mobile successfully. However as a member of the hunt group (last member) you get the 'Number temporarily unavailable' message and then you get cut off. This happens whether you dial the hunt group from an internal extension or you come in via an auto-attendant which uses DTMF to route to this hunt group extension.

Any ideas as to why this is? I think it must be something to do with call routing but I am not sure why given the ability to call the virtual extension direct and be forwarded to the mobile.

Thanks.

J.

To arrange a divert from a hunt group, set the divert up on the Virtual Extension the gropu is based on, not on one of the member-extensions.

Better Still pm ccomley and allow him to provide remote/onsite work for you...

I am sure he will be happy to entertain you.

Kev

Quadro Architect

The forward to the mobile phone doesn't work in this case because the services of target extensions of the Hunt group are ignored (only MER service will work on the target extensions, when you call to them via hunt group. All other services like all types of forwardings, voicemail etc will be ignored).

So the solution is to set "Forward on No Answer" to mobile phone on the Hunt Group extension itself.
    Or call (PM) ccomley, as Kevin suggested

Best regards,
    David

Should I be submitting an expense claim?

Thumbs up

Thanks chaps, sorry for the delay but I had actually managed to take a holiday! I'd forgotten to post that I had also tried to set the virtual extension configured as the hunt group to divert on no answer. I have tested various things and I think I have resolved the issue as a problem with the call route being used to send the call back out again.

Thread Information