Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time Problem

Cool Time Problem

what is the avarage time difference usually done by the epygi's ntp client in 3 hours??

Quadro Architect

On the most units the clock drift is small, so it is much less than one second in 3 hours. But even if the unit has clock drift of several seconds, if should not be a problem, if NTP client is switched ON (unless the drift is huge and is bigger than 10-20 seconds per 3 hours).

what facilities on the quadro box will affect the time service

Corne, Are you noting the time difference on the telephones themselves or the Quadro ? Is the Quadro reporting the right time or is it drifting minutes per hour / day ?

Kev

i set my ntp client on the quadro to update every 3 hours adn to notify me via email.

the system will then report between 400 an 900 sec change every 3 hours.

my 3pcc trial expired on saturday and ever since the system only reports between 2 and 10 sec changes

i am a bit worried about this

Quadro Architect

400-900 sec drift !? That is huge... To the best of my knowledge, if a unit is in normal state (HW-wise), no SW facility can affect the clock drift.
    Even 2-10 sec per 3 hours is a big number, though it is not critical when it refers to the rest of the unit functionality (given that the time is periodically updated by NTP). But most probably your unit has hardware problem.

we had a problem with our mail server during January, and when the mail server came back online i noticed the huge time difference.

i checked my mail history and found that the system used to update every 6 hours with a difference of 1-10 sec. one i activated the trial for the 3pcc license it jumped to 400 - 900 sec for every 6 hours. i also niticed that the system will not go to night service or day service depending on the time of day, because of this. i then set the system to update the time every three hours.
    when the trial expired the system returned to normal 1 -10 sec changes.

i ran the 3bit quadro buddy on the trial 3pcc license on two exts. thats the only app that i used on the system.

ps the time change is 1 -10 sec irrespective of the ntp update, (3hours, 6 hours, or 24 hours)

can it be that the quadro buddy, having to monitor all exts, as well as notify the pc user of the call status could cause the system to "loose time"??

Quadro Architect

Corne, which device is that (2x/4x/16x)? Quadro Buddy should not affect the clock, if the device is in normal state. Is it possible for me to get access to that unit?

sure can i PM you the details?

Quadro Architect

Yes, please (please make sure I can access to the port 23 too...)

Thanks,
    David

Thread Information