Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Quadro behind Draytek VOIP router

Angry Quadro behind Draytek VOIP router

Hi Epygians
    I have a customer who has got a Draytek 2600 VOIP router controlling the network. The Quadro 2xi sits behind the router. I am trying to get SIP calls to reach the extensions of the Quadro 2xi but without success. I have redirected 5060 to the private IP of the Quadro, I have opened all SIP, RTP & STUN ports. I have done this at another location with a NON VOIP router & it works great. But here I simply cannot get the SIP calls to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Brad

Quote Originally Posted by Legassick View Post
    Hi Epygians
    I have a customer who has got a Draytek 2600 VOIP router controlling the network. The Quadro 2xi sits behind the router. I am trying to get SIP calls to reach the extensions of the Quadro 2xi but without success. I have redirected 5060 to the private IP of the Quadro, I have opened all SIP, RTP & STUN ports. I have done this at another location with a NON VOIP router & it works great. But here I simply cannot get the SIP calls to work. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Brad
    Hey there Brad,

Just a thought matey, but have you opened the ports up on the router or forwarded the ports to the Epygi 2xi? what does the Epygi report its nat to be ?

Regards

Kevin

Thumbs up Drayteks are the best ADSL infront of Quadro

Quote Originally Posted by Legassick View Post
    Hi Epygians
    Drayteks are among the best ADSL routers to use in front of the Quadros - you can forward ports and that works well however the best way to do it is to put the router in PPOE pass through that way the draytek will give the Quadro PBX a public IP address and you will have no NAT issues at all.

Nearly every Quadro system that 3Bit Voice has on ADSL has either a vigor 2700 or 2800 infront - extremely reliable no problems at all.

Quadro Architect

One more suggestion/assumption from me:
    if this router is VoIP router, this could mean it is SIP-aware (has SIP ALG = "Application-level gateway" support).
    If that is true, you would probably need to disable the STUN at all on your Quadro (set the "NAT Traversal for SIP" to "Disable" on "Telephony"->"NAT Traversal Settings"->"General Settings").

Best regards,
    David

If the draytek is a voip unit and you need to use the voip part of the unit then you need to change the sip port on the quadro to 8060

Default thanks

Sincere thanks for the responses, I suggested the pass through pppoe function however that won't do as there are requirements to have the Draytek running other than the Quadro. So I will try & follow the instructions regarding turning Stun off & changing the Quadro SIP ports. Thank you, cheers Brad

Hi Kev
    Sorry for the late response, the detected NAT is:
    Detected connection type: Full Cone NAT (external IP: 41.240.114.46:5060)

I am battling to get this to work, I have 3 other sites behind non voip Drayteks working perfectly, this SIP-aware element to the router seems to be playing havoc with my installation. I cannot even get SIP calls forwarded to the Quadro. I have tried changing SIP ports on the Quadro to 8060, then redirecting & opening those ports & pointing to the Quadro IP 192.168.1.251 - still IP connection cannot be established! Other locations simply work with the port forwarding rules, I guess they are going to have to change the router to non voip.

Thanks for the help, Brad

Hey there Again Brad, are you able to just DMZ the Epygi with the ALG section turned off ?

Has that been tried ?

If so do you end up with the same problem or does it work fine ? If it works fine then the Draytek should work with more tighter security settings.

Regards

Kev

Hi Kev, I have DMZ'd the quadro previously with no success, I will do it again. There is nowhere to turn the SIP off on the router. Is it off if you haven't registered a SIP service for any of the FXS ports on the Draytek? Will try tomorrow & give you feed back. Good fight back today from the Ozzie cricketers! Cheers Brad

Quote Originally Posted by threebit View Post
    Drayteks are among the best ADSL routers to use in front of the Quadros

Yeah -but he said Draytek *VOIP* router. If the router has a voip pbx built in (some Drayteks do) then it's entirely possible that is grabbing up any passthrough SIP (etc) and causing problems for the Quadro.

If the Draytek VOIP tools are not in use, can they be disabled. Ifthey are, how are you trying to combine them with the Quadro?

Thread Information