Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Problem activating firewall

Default Problem activating firewall

I have some quadro ISDN gateway, and i´m having problems with the firewall, in the image attach is the config of 1 of my firewalls. It´s not working, i can manage from any ip out of range and receive calls from any where too.

Any idea how to fix it?

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Vpluar; 01-29-2009 at 04:03 AM.

I can access from any ip from the Wan, from the Lan it´s ok.

Hello,

I have tested the functionality of firewall on QuadroISDN on one of our gateways and it worked correctly. The management access rules do function as they should.
    Could you please provide us an access to your Quadro? So we will try to connect from our side and look through configuration.

Thanks.

Quadro Architect

Vpluar, I can confirm that Vahan is one of Epygi engineers, so you can give him access without fearing that he will hack your device

Best regards,
    David

Hi,

I'm also having problems with my firewall, previously I had IP filters only allowing management & sip access from a number of individual IP's (not ip ranges)... now however even though the rules are correct and the firewall is enabled I can access the quadro from anywhere on the internet....

The only thing that has changed is that i'm now using the quadro to authenticate to the internet via PPTP to my modem (so the quadro has a public IP)

Any Ideas?

Thanks

EDIT: sorry just realised I posted this in the wrong place, My problem is with a Quadro 2x pbx... but its the same issue...
    Last edited by person; 02-06-2009 at 03:24 AM.

Quadro Architect

person, can you please send Vahan the logs, or better the info on how to access your unit, so we can see whats happening there..? This is not acommon situation, and it is not reproducible in out testlab, so we need to gather the info directly from the faulty unit. Just send a PM to Vahan. We need to get this resolved.

Regards,
    David

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    person, can you please send Vahan the logs, or better the info on how to access your unit
    PM sent

Person, we have found an issue on firewall when WAN is configured as PPTP Client, thank you very much. I have reported about this. the fix will be included in our next releases.

Thanks Vahan i'll look forward to the fix Cheers

Vpluar, the problem you have comes from the allowed ip rule(x.x.134.x/23). You are using a subnet(/23) which overlaps Quadro's WAN IP(x.x.134.39). Please, try to enable the management access rule with the same subnet /23(you already has this rule) and disable the rule(/23) in allowed ip.

I can't understand the sense of the rule - allowed ip(172.30.0.0/24). If you want everything to be opened for LAN users, please set the firewall level to "Medium".

Thread Information