Thread: Making a third part call using Apple address book

Default Making a third part call using Apple address book

Hi,

I am trying to initiate a call using the address book provided in Mac OS 10.5.

I am starting my research on what option would be the most appropriate.

If anyone has any suggestion or better xml script...

Thanks in advance.

Cheers
    Ben
    Last edited by ben44; 01-27-2009 at 06:53 AM.

Quadro Architect

There is practically no special support for Mac, so it looks you have to generate and send the XML RPC requests manually.. The sample php scripts migh help you to see how it is done. But I cannot offer you anything more.. Mac is not a widespread thing here, and I have pretty vague idea on how the addressbook in MacOs might be implemented..

Default Sorry for the late reply

I have found this http://ruk.ca/article/1824

Based on your xml knowledge, does this make sense? Would this updated be compatible with the quadro?

Quadro Architect

That example shows how to make an Applescript call a PHP script based XML-RPC server, which then makes a call using Asterisk API.

In our case either Applescript should issue XML RPC commands in the format described in the doc: http://support.epygi.com/index.php?_...58&nav=0,17,42, or it should call an external service, which then will generate the appropriate 3pcc commands to the Quadro, again as described in the same doc.

The only thing you can use from this example is the idea of calling the external service, which will help you generate a call. Actually you can get the PHP example which comes with call control pack from Epygi, run a modified PHP script (based on the Epygi example) on your own webserver, then initiate a call from your macbook (using Applescript) to that PHP script, as shown in the example you found.

Default Well

That's rather promising...

Might give it a try!

Thanks

In 5.1 release (to be published soon) you can also send http(s) request to initiate the call from Quadro. The request URI must have the following syntax:

http[s]://[somequadrodevice]/clicktodial.cgi?user=[username]&pass=[userpassword]&caller=[firstparty]&dest=[secondparty]&message=[systemmessagename],

where

[somequadrodevice] – the IP Address or host name of Quadro;
    [username] – the username of Quadro with administrator privileges (admin)
    [userpassword] – password;
    [firstparty] – phone number to be called first.
    [secondparty] – phone number to transfer the call to when the first party answers the call
    [systemmessagename] – wav file name which must exists on Quadro (for example: fadinghope.wav)
    Example: http://192.168.25.221/clicktodial.cgi?user=admin&pass=19&caller=pbx:41&d est=tel:20530&message=fadinghope.wav

...Quadro with IP address = 192.168.25.221 calls to ext. 41 and when it answers, transfers the call to 20530 via call routing

Default more doc?

do you have more notice on uri fonction on quadro?
    can you change "click to dial" like view caller by other, etc?

thanks

Quadro Architect

Hmm... what do you mean by "view caller by other"?

I don't have any information on 3pcc function and callcontrol.cgi, on your product.
    Example: if I manage epygi on 3pcc and ,I want close a call of other user , I don't do this?
    Or if I should be transfer a call of other user, I don't do this?
    The close call run only on call initiated by me or there are a other command for release this?

Quadro Architect

I sent you the doc on Click2Dial feature, also there is an article on that in the Knowledgebase section...
    This is what relates to Click2Dial.

What refers to 3PCC - you can download the 3PCC files from the Download section. There is a lot of info on that at "Support Center » Downloads » Software Applications » Third-Party Call Control" section.

Answering your questions: you can close/transfer only the call, which was initiated or accepted by 3PCC application from the beginning. You cannot hook up to the existing call.

Best regards,
    David

Thread Information