Thread: Cannot establish a PPtP connection as I did before...

Default Cannot establish a PPtP connection as I did before...

I had to replace a failed 4x running FW 4.1.52 and before it failed I routinely connected to it using PPtP. The new unit came with FW 5.0.16 installed so I restored the configuration backup file on it. All seems to be OK, but I cannot connect from my laptop to the 4x using PPtP as I did before. If I set the firewall from med to low, I can connect. I have compared my settings with my other 4x running 4.1.52 and cannot see any settings that are different.

Any suggestions??

Quadro Architect

One option is to downgrade to 4.1.52 (and then restore the saved config again). Another is option is to try to resolve this on 5.0. I vaguely remember similiar problem on some early 5.0, but I am not sure this is the same one...
    If you contact Epygi Tech support and give them an access to your board, they could see if this is the same problem, and if yes, it could be solved by patching the configuration..

Thanks for your reply...
    This is very strange. I updated to 5.0.17 and there was no change. I removed and then resetup the PPtP with no change. I will contact Eypgi tech support to see if they can sort it out.

I have same issue with a new install I did last night which is on 5.1.18 and it will not connect but I have one on 5.0.16SLR and it works just fine I am a little baffled

Quadro Architect

I don't think this is the same issue: dhebert had his unit correctly working before with 4.1.52, and then it failed with new firmware (5.0.16).

In your case you have completely new installed unit, where the PPTP never worked before, so it is possible that you just misconfigured that. Are you able to establish connection with 5.0.16SLR at that same site, where it fails with 5.1.18?

Thread Information