Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Click to Dial Like in Skype

Default Click to Dial Like in Skype

Hi Guys,
    We have had some feedback from some clients and we think it would be a great idea if there was some way of implementing a click to dial feature similar to what skype offers on webpages - it automatically seems to pick up phone numbers on websites, email programs etc and you can just click on the highlighted number and your phone will dial - just a thought!
    Cheers!

It wouldn't be hard to write a similar browser bolt-on, but it would only work in the browser. Personally I'd prefer a "SendTo" widget so I can "cut" any number frmo any window anywhere and then "send" it to the phone to dial.

Meantime, the next nearest option I have is to keep the web gui to my phone open and Paste the number into that. Works most of the time, SNOM need to fix the GUI to strip out - and () characters that often get put in phone numbers.

Quadro Architect

Such application can be easily written using 3PCC interface of the Quadro. Actually there is a sample app working like this among the 3pcc Samples. It is called HotCall (but that is not the official hotcall pluging for Outlook!! - thats a different program).

If you run it, you can select any number in browser or anywhere else and press Ctrl+C+"some configurable key". Quadro will call to that number for you.

Just you need to have 3pcc key installed on that Quadro system (or key trial enabled).

Hi Davrays,
    This software will do the job perfectly for us, however I cant get it to work, excuse my ignorance, but what does Ctrl+C+"some configurable key" mean?

basically that would mean that you need so configure the shortcut.
    if you configured the shortcut to w

Press and hold, CTRL
    press and hold c
    press w

(same priciple as pressing CTRL, ALT and DEL)

Thanks for this...however, that is what I thought I had to do, I would press Ctrl+C+Y (the default value listed under 'to selected number' in the options settings?), but when I do this, all I keep getting is 'There is no selected number'. Am I meant to be highlighting a phone number with my cursor (which is what I am currently doing) or what am I doing wrong?

Quadro Architect

Yep, you just need to highlight a number with the cursor... So looks you are doing everything right.
    This works perfectly on my PC with Windows XP installed. Which OS are you using?

Quadro Architect

Ok, it looks you need to download the latest Call Control Pack (the version 1.7). The "Hotcall" sample is changed there, and I tested that new one on the Vista PC - seems to be working.
    BTW, the default key combination is changed in the new version it is "Ctrl+Y" now instead of "Ctrl+C+Y".
    Please try that and tell if it works on your PC..

Thanks
    David

Unfortuantely this didnt work eitehr - I must be doing something wrong and I have nooo idea what it is - Any Suggestions???
    THanks! Will

Thread Information