Thread: Make calls from Outlook via TAPI

I'd like to use something like SIP TAPI or TeraSIP to initiate calls from Windows through the Quadro to my extension. Does the Quadro support the SIP actions (INVITE, REFER, NOTIFY, BYE) to handle this?

Has anyone got this sort of thing working?

Thanks,

Edmund

Edmund:

I am also very much interested in push-to-dial from Microsoft CRM 3.0 or any other windows application. Have you looked at Vonalink Solorecord of www.arcosoft.com? Please let me know about your findings/

Toon Six

toonsix@intercs.com

973 244 1470

NJ, USA

I may have misunderstood but... it looks as though this solution requires that the PC and phone are at least on the same network segment (hub). That would seem to limit it's usefulness in anything but the smallest networks.

Edmund

In the mid of October, the 4.1 beta release of Quadro will be availabel to beta testers, which supports the so called "Third Party Call Control (3pcc)" interface. On the client side (PC) the ActiveX control is supported which can be used in client programs written in Visual Basic, C++, etc. Also, the XML RPC library is supported on client side that can be used in PHP programs

IF you are using snom phones, they have an Outlook dialer that lets you dial directly from outlook, using any outlook contact. Edited by: dmaunder

Quote Originally Posted by hrant
    In the mid of October, the 4.1 beta release of Quadro will be availabel to beta testers, which supports the so called "Third Party Call Control (3pcc)" interface. On the client side (PC) the ActiveX control is supported which can be used in client programs written in Visual Basic, C++, etc. Also, the XML RPC library is supported on client side that can be used in PHP programs

We have been told that this will not be available for the 2x range. I would like to complain strongly about this decision. Firstly we have bought a 2x ourselves to learn about the product before selling to clients. Secondly, I believe Outlook integration is a very key feature for small customer sites just as much as larger ones, especially now that the 2x handles up to 16 users. Please reconsider this decision.Edited by: dmaunder

Quote Originally Posted by dmaunder
    We have been told that this will not be available for the 2x range. I would like to complain strongly about this decision. Firstly we have bought a 2x ourselves to learn about the product before selling to clients. Secondly, I believe Outlook integration is a very key feature for small customer sites just as much as larger ones, especially now that the 2x handles up to 16 users. Please reconsider this decision.

Ditto... [img]smileys/smiley21.gif[/img]

We have been told that this will not be available for
    the 2x range. I would like to complain strongly about this decision. Firstly
    we have bought a 2x ourselves to learn about the product before selling to
    clients. Secondly, I believe Outlook integration is a very key feature for small
    customer sites just as much as larger ones, especially now that the 2x
    handles up to 16 users. Please reconsider this decision.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by hprieur

We have been told that this will not be available for

the 2x range. I would like to complain strongly about this decision. Firstly

we have bought a 2x ourselves to learn about the product before selling to

clients. Secondly, I believe Outlook integration is a very key feature for small

customer sites just as much as larger ones, especially now that the 2x

handles up to 16 users. Please reconsider this decision.
    +1
    As a reseller with the 2x as the demonstration unit how are we to demostrate the full capability of the unit when what could be one of the major selling points to SMB's is not included in one of the models? There are lots of company's out there that do not require anything more than the 2x that would use this feature extensively! Why change the policy of providing full features to all units?

Thread Information