Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Format and First Mount - USB/CF

Quote Originally Posted by davrays View Post
    We have tested it to work with 1-2-4 Gb Kingston/Kingmax and SanDisk cards. Not sure about 8Gb though. Theoretically it should not be a problem, but we don't have it tested yet.

Best regards,
    David
    You may need to.

I've used 256Mb CF cards quite happily. But tehse days with 1Gb cards costing only a couple of quid. you cannot *get* USB sticks of less than 1Gb and, I don't think, CF either.

That meaks I'm putting 1Gb USB sticks in Quadro 2s. ABout ten years of vociemail space!!! Serisouly not needed BUT you can't get smaller sticks, I've tried.

On the up side, as I mentioend elsewhere, this means you guys can use teh USB/CF space to backup config elements during firmware burns.

Quadro Architect

Testing now... Looks like current versions don't recognize the sizes bigger than 4Gb. So if you insert 8Gb stick, it cpould work, but only about 4Gb will be available for voicemail...

We'll fix that most probably in 5.1 (as it is not really critical given the fact that years of voicemail are not very likely to be stored ).

Ragarding the use of this space to backup config elements... Do you think Quadro loses any config elements during firmware upgrade, if you have USB/CF installed?..

We'll fix that most probably in 5.1 (as it is not really critical given the fact that years of voicemail are not very likely to be stored ).

**Cough** Voice Recording within the Epygi, Fax to Email **Cough**

Quadro Architect

**Cough**.. Kevin, please notify me as soon as you (or one of your customers) hit the limit of 4Gb

another benifit of having a bigger mem stick is that you can use the space for attendant greetings, custom call cues, moh, etc, etc. i am using a 1 Gb stick in our system and i use voicemail to email forwarding, so my vm will be deleted once sent. i am using our 16x as an live test and found that that onboard mem is not sufficient for all the custom music files. (its probably excessive but oh well)

**Cough**.. Kevin, please notify me as soon as you (or one of your customers) hit the limit of 4Gb

Transcoding ( g711a - g711u/g729 from the pri to the handset ) always takes up flash card memory too so does multi-page concurrent faxes on a primary rate service will chew the memory in many ways.

But is there a formula for us Epygi noobs to use so we dont get too carried away with allocations, like the blf limits... is there a limit etc that we need to ensure we dont cross.

Regards

Kev

Quadro Architect

Quote Originally Posted by cornepiek View Post
    i am using our 16x as an live test and found that that onboard mem is not sufficient for all the custom music files. (its probably excessive but oh well)
    yep, the embedded storage on 4x/16x is pretty small, so definitely a 512Mb or 1-2Gb stick would be a benefit...

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    Transcoding ( g711a - g711u/g729 from the pri to the handset ) always takes up flash card memory too so does multi-page concurrent faxes on a primary rate service will chew the memory in many ways.
    Correct Just I feel that 4Gb will be enough for the next month or two, until we fix the bug

Quote Originally Posted by KSComs View Post
    But is there a formula for us Epygi noobs to use so we dont get too carried away with allocations, like the blf limits... is there a limit etc that we need to ensure we dont cross.
    Related to VM storage.. I don't know such limits. There are some limits set by system on the number of voicemails in a single box, on the size of VM sent by e-mail, but they are applied automatically, so you don't have to care about that. No, nothing like the "blf limits"
    Oh, one small thing - it is better to avoid the "Unlimited" settings for the "Maximum mail message duration (min)", because in caswe if it is selected, only one person at a time will be able to leave a voicemail in that box..

Best regards,
    David

Has the anything larger than a 4G been tested yet? I have a 32G that I would like to put in it. I have a customer with a call center for 12 companies and a few hundred agents all going to a single M32X, a 4G with call recording on will fill up in a few days. I put a 32G in the other day in it didn't seem to like it. Is there a firmware update that will support this, if not will there be soon?

external ftp for recording for the win

Hi Guys,

I tried to use a Kingston 4GB CF on a M32.
    M32 is on the latest firmware.
    M 32 doesn't recognise it under the hardware status area.

Any ideas.

Jan

Thread Information